News talk:Last week for Ursa Major 2006 nominations
"Criticism" of Ursa Major awards
A couple of things I'd like to point out:
- Both of those links are pointers to Christopher Bair's rant.
- He seems to have the unfortunate habit of complaining loudly and in public when things don't go his way. I cite this example on aff, along with this rebuttal.
Looking at the bigger picture, my concern is that a single person's complaints (especially when said person has a history of complaining about things) may get undue weight in the context of an article. I can think of one other article on this Wiki where I've noticed a similar thing. (big complaints from one person who has a history of complaining about things) Anyone have any thoughts on that? --Douglas Muth 17:16, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- I linked to them not just because they contained criticism by him, but because of the replies by others, both pro and con, which I felt gave a good range of opinions on the topic. There have been a few other discussions that should probably be referenced, but the truth seems to be there's really not been all that much discussion of them at all, which I think kind of proves the point. --GreenReaper(talk) 19:26, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- I've added a quote and a couple more references. Anyone reading this should feel free to whack it around yourself if you feel it doesn't quite represent things correctly, of course. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 19:40, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- Ah, good point, I had not considered the other responses.
- Does MediaWiki allow a way to have "sub references", which are intended references under the main reference? It'd be neat if there was a way to link to other responses in the thread that disagreed with the original poster. --Douglas Muth 21:16, 21 February 2007 (UTC)