News:Further Confusion 2008 breaks fursuit parade record
Update: In April, AAE reported a new attendance figure: 2423. The prior figure omitted dealer and marketplace registrations.
While Further Confusion 2007 had 2062 attendees, this year's event had 2311, a 12 percent increase. The number of fursuiters in the parade also increased, breaking the record of 353 set at Anthrocon 2007. In contrast, art show sales fell slightly, from US$53,881 to $52,068.
The exact number of fursuiters in the parade is disputed. Video evidence suggests at least 354 started the parade, while photographs taken outside the gift shop suggest 371 at that point. Conversely, an observer outside the dealers room reported only 352. The official count, taken by an observer at the Coffee Garden, was 387.
Further Confusion is next scheduled for January 22nd-26th, 2009 at the same hotel, the San Jose Doubletree. As usual for the convention, the staff shifts from year to year; the title of chairman shifted from Bos'n C Otter to Frysco for 2009, with the more local Findra selected as Vice-Chair.
- Masquerade winners
Novice: Violet Crumble (Smash, creator & performer)
Journeyman: Beebee (Twig Mouse, creator & performer)
Master: Masked Mustang (Chris Smith, performer)
Professional: Jager (Nevermint, performer)
Best in show: Rubix and the goat herd
- Further Confusion 2008 - our ten years
- Anthrocon 2007 draws thousands to Pittsburgh for furry weekend - GreenReaper , Wikinews (July 17, 2007)
- 2007 Artist Agreement states 10% commission, commission total was $5,388.10 in 2007 (AAE 2007 Form 990, p30)
- Further Confusion 2008 official website
- Video of fursuit parade: 1, 2
- FC Parade Photos - furry-k9, (February 1, 2008)
- FC: Fursuitin' it. - Bennie Tiger, (January 26, 2008)
- Comment regarding official figure - Bos'n, (31 January, 2008)
- When contacted, Frysco noted that as people can join and leave the parade at any time, a different figure could be recorded at different points on the route.
- 恭喜發財 [Kung Hei Fat Choi, or "Happy Chinese New Year"] - Madius H Rat, (January 26, 2008)
- FC, Brief Recap - Nicodemus (January 30, 2008) - winning vases: 1, 2, 3 (photos by Skiltek)
- Post con postingness! - Mad Coyote (January 28, 2008)
- AAE Announces Chair / Vice Chair for FC2009 - David Cooksey, Further Confusion forums (January 4, 2008)
- Furly Edition #3, daily con newsletter (January 27, 2008)
- Photos, videos, reports: Further Confusion 2008 resources