News:Funday PawPet Show fundraiser breaks $10,000
The show's initial goal of $6,000 was reached shortly into the second show. $10,052 was raised by the closing song. Last year, $3,940.19 was donated.
The largest sum came from T. H. Squirrel, who paid $1,400 for an acrylic commission donated by Herbie Bearclaw. Many other auctions took place, including five fursuiters who offered to accompany donators to the Midwest FurFest 2007 dance, a sketch by Chilly, and the promise of a new Fluff & Such video. A partial fursuit from Media raised $350.
The funds raised will go towards licensing fees, miscellaneous operating expenses - including gas money for cast members - and a upgrade for the show's aging computer hardware. The show is also moving its start time back two hours to 5PM EST for the benefit of European watchers. This change will be in effect for the next show on November 25.
|I have to say that nobody on the cast truly expected the level of support that we got tonight.|
- $10,052 ! ! ! ! - KuddlePup,
- Funday PawPet Show website (November 12, 2007)
- PawPet Fund Raiser Auction - Herbie, (October 29, 2007)
- What expenses are coming up. - Yappy Slyfox, (October 29, 2007)
- Telethon Dollars at work - Yappy Slyfox, (November 14, 2007)
- Telethons and Times - Yappy SlyFox (November 12, 2007)