News:ConFuzzled sells out, as Eurofurence 14 opens its doors
ConFuzzled organizers were celebrating last night, as the newly-minted UK convention sold its last ten spaces. The event is scheduled for June 20-23 at the Manchester International Youth Hostel, which holds 144 attendees, including 16 staff and 47 sponsors. Most were charged £170 [US$340] (£210 for sponsors), £135 of which covered YHA costs, though the price was £10 lower for the first eight weeks.
Demand was even higher for rooms at late August's Eurofurence 14, which opened registration this Sunday. Badge numbers over 600 were issued in the first 3 hours of registration, and a total of 760 had registered to pay by Wednesday morning.
Space for those over the Ringberg Hotel's nominal capacity of 580 is not guaranteed, but Eurofurence chairman Cheetah hopes actual attendance to reach 700-750 this year with the aid of overflow hotels and conversion of some double rooms to triples. All attendees will pay a 60€ [US$90] registration fee; an optional bed in a double room is 100€, while singles cost 220€ to encourage sharing.
The rush for Eurofurence was foreshadowed by an accidental live opening on New Year's Day which resulted in over a hundred invalid registrations. The situation mirrors that of Mephit Mini Con 11, which reportedly sold out in 2 hours.
- Guess what people! - CaliHusky, (January 8, 2008)
- ConFuzzled 2008 - Attendee List (accessed January 9, 2008)
- ConFuzzled 2008 - Convention Pricing (accessed January 9, 2008)
- Less than 24 Hours!... - (April 20, 2007)
- Eurofurence Registration - Loewi, (January 6, 2008)
- Registration Stats - Eurofurence forums (January 9, 2007)
- Eurofurence 14 - Hotel
- What is maximum attendance this year? - Eurofurence forums (January 8, 2008)
- Eurofurence 14 - Registration
- To all those who have registered to Eurofurence 14 today... - BigBlueFox, (January 1, 2008)