New Year's Furry Ball
|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
The New Year's Furry Ball or NYFB is an annual event hosted by Protocollie, Kitt3ns and other local furs in the Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey region of the U.S.A., from December 31 - January 1 each New Year.
2005 and 2006 ("Room Con" in Berlin, NJ)
Chrono hosted a New Year's party for two years which was playfully dubbed Room Con at his private home in Berlin, NJ. The party was followed with a visit to a local restaurant or bowling alley on New Year's Day. There were 23 attendees for the 2005 New Year and 38 attendees in 2006. For the 2006 New Year, Room Con badges were distributed to partygoers.
ChronoCoon intended to officially move the event to a hotel the following year, but later announced that he was leaving the area. Tigra began making plans for a replacement New Year's party, before allowing LupineFox to take over .
2007 to 2010 (Quakertown, PA)
For the first two years the event took place entirely within two suites in the hotel, and not in a hotel's actual meeting space. The third year expanded to six independently run themed room parties throughout the hotel. Attendees received badges made to resemble government passports, and each official party had a unique stamp for attendees to collect on their passports.
For the 2010 New Year, the fourth and final year in Quakertown, the event was organized by Protocollie. There were four con suites next door to each other: registration/raffle, video game room, open bar/dance suite (21+ to enter), pizza/lounge room and one additional open room party serving dinner.
2011 to present (Newark, DE)
Now organized by Protocollie, Kitt3ns and members of Furst State, the event was moved to the Embassy Suites Newark-Wilmington/South in Newark, Delaware, and utilized actual hotel meeting space instead of individual suites.  For the 2011 New Year the event featured music from DJ Protocollie, a Rock Band game area, a buffet-style catered dinner, cash bar and a raffle.
- New Year's Furry Ball 2007 (2006-2007): 55
- New Year's Furry Ball 2008 (2007-2008): 92
- New Year's Furry Ball 2009 (2008-2009): 122
- New Year's Furry Ball 2010 (2009-2010): 115
- Furstivus replaced NYFB for 2011-2012
- New Year's Furry Ball 2011 (2010-2011): 146
- New Year's Furry Ball 2012-2013: 175
- New Year's Furry Ball 2013-2014: 211
- "RoomCon '05-'06 : The Annual Furry New Years Party!!" on ChronoCoon's LiveJournal
- "The long journey to recovery..." on ChronoCoon's LiveJournal
- "ROOM CON: 2005-2006 Wrap Up" on ChronoCoon's LiveJournal
- "A series of unusual events..." on ChronoCoon's LiveJournal
- "Plans for the Holidays" - comments on Lapis Tigra's LiveJournal (currently locked)
- "Furry New Year's Eve" on LupineFox's LiveJournal
- Comment by cyriljackal in "Name That Party!" on LupineFox's LiveJournal
- "We have a name" in LupineFox's LiveJournal
- Comment thread in "Sometimes voting doesn't work" on LupineFox's LiveJournal
- "2007 Bitches!!!!" on Lapis Tigra's LiveJournal
- The New Year's Furry Ball is back and more 2011 than ever before!
- "Mission Accomplished" - Posting by Kitt3ns, on his Fur Affinity journal
- Hotel on the New Year's Furry Ball 2013 website
- "Furry New Years Ball Recap" in LupineFox's LiveJournal
- "New Year's Furry Ball Wrap-up" in LupineFox's LiveJournal
- Tweet by Kitt3ns. Dated January 2, 2013
- Tweet by Protocollie on his Twitter account. Dated January 1, 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
|This entry about an event is a stub - can you it?|