|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Jimmy Chin is an artist and fursuiter. Originally from South Florida, he received a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida. He lived in the Los Angeles area for three years before settling in the the San Francisco Bay Area in 1999. He lives in San Jose with his partner, DJ and fellow fursuit performer Croc.
He has been involved in furry fandom since 1990. His first furry party was at NecronomiCon, in October 1990, in Tampa, Florida, U.S.A. His first furry convention was Confurence 2 in January 1991. He was a charter member of the Fursuit Mailing List. He was a guest of honor at Conifur Northwest 1999, Eurofurence 15, and Furry Weekend Atlanta 2013.
His main fursuit character is Yippee Coyote who has done numerous local community appearances as well as fandom events since his creation in 1996. He is one of the founding members of the costumed character performing group Critters by the Bay and also participates in Good Bears of the World. He was the Furry News Network's Fursuiter of the Month for July 2011.
An advocate for promoting fursuit performance in fandom, Jimmy has helped run performance panels since 1997, but in 2010 has taken a new approach with his panel "Power of Pretend." While most performance panels offer tips on what to do, "Power of Pretend" encourages the fursuiter to capture their imagination, visualize the character and the childhood game of playing pretend.
Jimmy has drawn since a young age, and despite attending college for Engineering, had pursued an art and animation career. In 1995 he moved to Los Angeles and held a few animation studio art jobs until 1997.
- Illustrated Further Confusion con badges every year except 1999 and 2003
- Drew gift art for his opponents in the Fandom's Favorite Fursuit Fracas since 2008
- Wild Life comic anthology, published three comic stories
- Buffalo Wings, occasional guest artist
- Statical Planets Storyboard artist, art film by Mystery Science 3000 creator Joel Hodgson
- Illustrated shirts for the fictional PAFCON.
 Fursuit Characters
 Yippee Coyote
(Yippocrates Escondido) Yippee Coyote was constructed by Jimmy with assistance from animator Dave Kuhn. Yippee first appeared at the fursuit wedding of Topfox and Cataroo on Halloween 1996. His convention debut was at LosCon 23 in Burbank, and his public debut was at the 1996 Pasadena Doo Dah Parade, by invitation of Rapid T. Rabbit. Yippee's furry convention debut was at ConFurence 8, January 1997. Yippee has since appeared at numerous community events through Critters by the Bay as well as many conventions on stage and in the halls. In 1998, Yippee was photographed with Weird Al Yankovic at a party thrown by Mystery Science Theater 3000 creator Joel Hodgson. Yippee appeared at the Give Kids the World Village in 1999 and 2004. Yippee was in a reenactment of the Frantics sketch Boot to the Head at Further Confusion 2005, later reprising that role in a cameo in the short video Under the Same Sky in 2008. In 2009 as part of his Eurofurence 15 trip, Yippee appeared at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Yippee owes much of his design influences not to Warner Brothers' Wile E. Coyote, but Bent-Tail Coyote, a minor Disney character from several 1940s Pluto cartoons including Legend of Coyote Rock. In 1997, Yippee tried to pitch himself as a potential mascot for the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team. Yippee appeared in a cameo on a 1999 episode of Adventures with Kanga Roddy.
Although Yippee was not originally intended as his fursona, Jimmy is often referred to by the nickname Yippee, and the name is used on convention badges and online aliases. Yippee was the Fandom's Favorite Fursuit Fracas 2009 Champion after making it to the final 16 but falling to the eventual champion both previous years. Yippee had some minor maintenance to keep him active, including a new muzzle in 1999 and fourth set of handpaws, but he retains the same body and head since his 1996 debut.
On April 16, 2011, Yippee marched with Rapid T. Rabbit in his first Ocean City Doo Dah Parade, earning the "Double Doggy DooDah Glutton-For-Punishment" Award and participated in the Soupy Sales memorial "Pieasco" pie toss. Yippee Coyote retired at the age of 14 1/2 at the Pasadena Doo Dah Parade on April 30, 2011.
 Walden J. Whitetail
Walden is a reindeer, originally built by animator Shawn Keller for a Disney cast holiday party in the early 90s during Shawn's fiberglass-head era. Jimmy acquired him in 2003, retrofit and re-debuted him in December 2003. Walden has appeared at holiday events through the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as Megaplex 8 in 2009 for their Christmas in July theme. Walden was featured on the Fursuit Calendar from Sofawolf Press for the month of November 2009. At the San Jose Holiday Parade in 2010, Walden dropped an antler when the aluminum support rod broke. His head was refurbished with steel rods in his antlers, and performed at holiday events in December 2011.
Twilight is a lavender and violet bunny constructed by Jimmy and debuted at Bunny Jam, then Megaplex 7 in March 2008. Twilight sometimes has an earring in his right ear and seven 4-point white stars in his fur. His name was inspired by the Electric Light Orchestra song Twilight, not the young adult vampire series. Twilight was the confluence of several influences (Jimmy's original fursona was a rabbit), coupled with a need to complete him for an Easter weekend event, Jimmy was inspired to finish in about six weeks, minus the feet. He is scented with grape bubble gum body spray, and is sometimes called "purple drank bunny." Twilight participated in the FC2010 Dance Competition.
Baron is a German Shepherd Dog character built by Javachickn, from collaborative designs between Java and Jimmy. The name, as well as the red scarf, goggles, and black fingerless glove/spats markings allude to the German World War I flying ace, the Red Baron. Baron debuted at Further Confusion 2010. 
PolkaDog is a sporty dalmatian character wearing a black custom jersey from the defunct Portland Fire WNBA team since 2003. Over the years PolkaDog has had several iterations:
- Version 1 debuted Conifur Northwest 2000. Renamed PepperPup in June 2005. Head re-furred and new body sewn; owned by Theome since November 2006. 
- Version 2 debuted Further Confusion 2006. His head was destroyed when trying to update him in October 2009.
- Version 3 (new head only) debuted for Halloween events and Midwest FurFest 2009.
Pachinko is a lop-eared female bunny character. Pachinko's head was made by Mixed Candy, and Cabby built the rest. Pachinko debuted at Further Confusion 2006. Cabby sold Pachinko in June 2011, and Jimmy has performed her since then. 
 Retired or former characters
- Woodruff deWoof - wolf, debuted December 1994, retired January 2004. The first suit Jimmy built, partly from advice from the early Fursuit Mailing List, inspired in part by Minnesota Timberwolves mascot Crunch.
- R.T. Dodger (Roger "Trouble") - fox, debuted Conifur Northwest 1998. Created partly intended to pitch to the Los Angeles Dodgers as a potential mascot when the team was purchased by Fox Entertainment Group in 1998. Not actively performed.
- Pinky - fan recreation of the mouse from Pinky & the Brain, originally built by Dave Kuhn. Featured onstage with Pinky's voice artist and Anthrocon 2007 guest of honor Rob Paulsen.
- Clayton - kangaroo, built by Brokken T. Wolf for Colson Grainger. Jimmy acquired him in December 2004. Owned by OzKangaroo since March 2005.
- PepperPup - dalmatian, formerly PolkaDog version 1, he was renamed to PepperPup when version 2 was created and the name was transferred. To help differentiate from PolkaDog, PepperPup wears a red jersey patterned after the Tabasco logo. Owned by Theome since November 2006.
- Myrrh - purple, orange & yellow phoenix built by Arend Studios from Jimmy's designs inspired by the DC United mascot Talon. Acquired from Croc some time in late 2005. Owned by PacerFox since March 2007.
- Tech E. Coyote - fan recreation of superhero coyote from Kids WB show Loonatics Unleashed, debuted at Comic Con International: San Diego, July 2006. Participated in the masquerade. Not actively performed.
- Bosco - brown bear, debuted at Further Confusion 2008 in the Masquerade, taking second place in the Journeyman category. Bosco features a body pod to add bulk without excessive weight and stuffing. Owned by Drake Duck since January 2010.
- Candy Coon - pink raccoon, debuted Duckon 1998 (retired); version 2 debuted Midwest FurFest 2008. Candy is scented by cotton candy body spray. Candy has appeared twice at Timduru's outing to Disneyland Paris and on the pilot and opening credits for the NBC television show Parenthood. Owned by Jimmy's Critters by the Bay colleague MinnieMe4RL since April 2010.
- Dozer - Rottweiler, built by Media, acquired October 2010 from Tank Weiler and renamed Dozer. Dozer appeared at a few Bay Area events and Further Confusion 2011. Owned by Tsuyoto since March 2011.
 Mascot / Professional
- 1997-1999 Six Flags Magic Mountain character performer & foreman
- 1999 - San Francisco Giants, mascot escort & backup performer
- 2000-2001 - San Jose Earthquakes, mascot performer
- 2002 - San Jose CyberRays, mascot performer
- 2003 MLS All-Star Game - guest mascot performer
- 2006 San Jose Giants, backup mascot
 Furry Fandom
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
 Stage/Show Participation
- NecronomiCon 1995 (Tampa FL) - Hall Costume Award (Woodruff)
- LosCon 23 (1996) - Best Soft Sculpture & Use of Fur; Best Critter (Yippee Coyote)
- Confurence 8 (1997) Masquerade - Tied, 2nd Place (Yippee)
- Duckon (1997) - Furry Variety Show participant (Yippee)
- Duckon (1998) - Furry Variety Show participant (Yippee)
- Further Confusion 1999 - Masquerade participant (R.T.Dodger)
- Further Confusion 2001 - Masquerade participant (PolkaDog v.1)
- Further Confusion 2004 - Masquerade participant (Walden)
- Further Confusion 2005 - Furry Variety Show participant (Clayton, Yippee)
- Further Confusion 2006 - Furry Variety Show participant (PolkaDog v.2)
- Comic Con International, 2006 Masquerade participant (Tech E. Coyote re-creation)
- Further Confusion 2007 - Masquerade participant (Tech E. Coyote)
- Further Confusion 2008 - Masquerade participant (Bosco) - 2nd Place, Journeyman
- Eurofurence 15 (2009) - Guest of Honor, Stage Fever participant (Twilight)
- Further Confusion 2010 - Dance Competition participant (Twilight)
- Califur 2010 - Furry Night Live participant (Yippee, Baron)
- Eurofurence 16 - Stage Fever participant (Yippee)
- Furry Connection North 2011 - Furry Variety Show participant (Yippee)
- Califur 2011 - Furry Night Live participant (Twilight, Pachinko)
- Furry Fiesta 2012 - Furry Night Live participant (Pachinko)
 Convention Staff/Panelist
- Confurence - Fursuit Performance panelist, 1997, 1998
- Conifur Northwest 1999 - Guest of Honor
- Further Confusion - Fursuit Performance panelist, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2009
- Further Confusion 2001 - Furry Variety Show Assistant
- Further Confusion 2002 - Assisted in creation of first Critterlympics
- Further Confusion 2006 - Furry Night Live Second
- Further Confusion 2007 - Furry Night Live Lead
- Further Confusion 2008 - Furry Night Live Lead
- Further Confusion 2009 - Furry Night Live Lead
- Anthrocon 2010 - Served as lead or panelist for The Power of Pretend, Anthropoly, Making Your Suit Live, Using Your Powers for Good, and Fursuit Retrospective.
- Midwest Furfest 2010 - Panelist "Power of Pretend"
- Further Confusion 2011 - Panelist "Fursuit Performance" (lecture similar to Power of Pretend)
- Anthrocon 2011 - Panelist: "Fursuit Performance in Public"
- Midwest FurFest 2011 - Panelist: "Fursuiting 101," "Power of Pretend"
- Furry Fiesta 2012 - Panelist: "Fursuit Head Construction," "Fursuit Body Construction"
- Furry Weekend Atlanta 2012 - Panelist: Fursuit Construction 1 & 2, Fursuiting Performance
- Furry Weekend Atlanta 2013 - Guest of Honor
- ↑ FWA 2012 wrapup Retrieved April 29, 2012
- ↑ Parade done, but not without injury Twitpic December 5, 2010
- ↑ Twilight is ready for nosebeeps! LiveJournal entry, March 22, 2008
- ↑ Introducing...BARON LiveJournal entry January 31, 2010
- ↑ Spotted in transit again LiveJournal entry from February 23, 2007
- ↑ Pachinko on the Fursuit Database. Retrieved May 2, 2009
- ↑ Pachinko on Fur Affinity. Retrieved April 29, 2012