From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
My Cage is an American daily comic strip by Melissa DeJesus and Ed Power and distributed by King Features Syndicate. The strip debuted on May 6, 2007, and is the first "manga-inspired" comic to be syndicated by King Features.
The comic is set in a world of anthropomorphic animals, in which the protagonist attempts to juggle a soul-sucking corporate career with freelance writing.
- Norman T. Platypus, the protagonist, is a twenty-something aspiring freelance writer who works as a supervisor for the fictitious corporation McGuffin Inc. Despite his income, he believes he was happier before his job ("poorer but happier.")
- Bridget T. Dog, Norman's girlfriend, is an assistant manager for Video Cavern. Unlike Norman, she enjoys her job. Her interests include painting and Lost.
- Squishy is Norman's pet amoeba. He is often depicted behaving like a dog.
- Ashley T. Bengal, one of Norman's employees, is a self-described "hyper-creative, easily bored Goth chick." At work, she often pesters her boss, at one time stapling all his possessions to his desk (including the stapler itself.)
- Rex T. Doberman is another employee of Norman's, noted for his narcissistic attitude. He often talks about himself, oblivious to the presence of his coworkers.
- Violet T. Chihuahua is Rex's fiancee and coworker. She is equally egotistical and very protective of Rex. She took her job at McGuffin so she could more easily keep an eye on him. She frequently describes others around her as "inferior."
- Taylor T. Fox
- Jeff T. Shark
- Max T. Terrier, Norman's boss. Noteworthy is a disproportionate income between Norman and Max. Max is an archetypal snob, who flaunts verious luxuries around the office. Nonetheless, he makes a concerted effort to remain on good terms with his staff. He is seldom seem without a drink in hand.
- Dr. Alan T. Chipmunk
- ↑ My Cage page on King Features.com (see external links)