Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures
|Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures|
The DMFA logo, © Amber Williams, 2005
|Update schedule||Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday|
Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures, also known as DMFA, is a furry web comic by Amber Williams. It is divided into arcs (subplots) of variable length. It updates three times a week, normally on Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday. The first five arcs are in black and white. Starting in the middle of the sixth arc, the comic has been in color. The comic is partially based off of the online game Furcadia and several of the main characters are based off of the artist's friends there (it was originally titled Dan and Mab's Furcadian Adventures).
In September 2005, the comic's site was hacked. The title was replaced with "Some Stupid Webcomic" and most of the homepage links were redirected to http://www.cvrpg.com/ . On September 21 the site was restored with a new layout and it was revealed that the "hacking" had been a prank by Amber and her brother Mike.
The comic as a whole is rated PG, although the Abel's Story arc (starting on 15 October 2005) is rated NC-14. The DMFA Radio Project, founded in July 2005, provides an unofficial voiced version of much of the comic.
 Origins of DMFA
DMFA began in 1998, when Amber promised a shrine of sorts on Furcadia to anyone who could find a particular song for her. When a friend who went by the name of Daniel Ti'Fiona found the song in question, Amber made good on her promise and created the shrine. As a joke, she added a sign proclaiming "Coming soon: the Misadventures of Daniel Ti'Fiona, the comic!" However, Daniel took this seriously and continually prodded her to actually start the comic until she finally gave in, posting the first comic in 1999.
Initially featuring Daniel and Miss Mab, the cast of the comic soon expanded, including both friends of Amber's on Furcadia and characters of her own creation. Later on in 1999, the comic fell into a hiatus for about a year. Amber resumed comic production in 2000, and the comic has been updating steadily ever since.
 Abel's Story
Abel's Story began in October 2005 as a result of a donation drive in which fans donated towards either Abel's or Regina's backstory. While initially planned for 20 to around 50 pages, part one of the bonus arc, Summer of Youth, reached 109 pages while part two, Break, is on going.
- Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
The comic's arcs revolve around the adventures and misadventures of the cast. Most of these exploits are whimsical and humorous, sometimes parodying aspects of popular culture. Most events occur in a fictional land called Furrae; specifically, in an inn/pub called Lost Lake (based off of the real Lost Lake in Furcadia).
- Main article: List of characters in Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures
- Queen Mab is a fairy queen in contemporary folklore.
- Mab is the first three letters of Amber rearranged.
- The Foxfire Chronicles includes the Cubi race from DMFA.
- Project Future is a webcomic by Tapewolf and Ren Gaulen that takes place in the DMFA world.
- ↑ The 2005 Cartoonists' Choice Awards
- ↑ Wallpaper Wars. Accessed 26 May, 2009.
- ↑ Wallpaper War Deluxe Thread! September 26, 2005. Accessed 26 May, 2009.
- ↑ Background story..., September 17, 2005. Accessed 26 May, 2009.
- ↑ How Long til the end?, January 3, 2006. Accessed 26 May, 2009.
- Tangents review, May 15, 2005.
- Tangents review of Abel's Story, February 8, 2006.
- Female Comic Collective review, September 26 2006.
 See also
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Dan_and_Mab's_Furry_Adventures, but has since been deleted or merged. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|
|Amber WilliamsDan and Mab's Furry Adventures by|