Morphicon began during a trip to have dinner and see The Lion King in February 2003. By the end of the evening, it had been resolved that there needed to be a local convention.
Morphicon Zero, "The Zeroth Iteration", occurred June 21, 2003 as a furry all-day picnic held in Sharon Woods Park on the north side of Columbus, OH. Attendance was approximately 40. This picnic continues to be run in September of each year in addition to a yearly convention in May.
Morphicon was run by Morphicon Corporation, a non-profit organization founded 12 February 2004 by A. Wolf (Trickster), E. Dyer (Pelzig), and M. Pinnegar (Jewel). M. Woods (Ostrich) was also a founder of the initial corporation, though he does not appear on the original signing document. A. Wolf resigned from the Board in January 2008 due to personal time commitments. C. Smith (Max Goof) formally resigned from the board, and as convention chair, in 2008.
- Tweet on the Morphicon account on Twitter. Dated May 3, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- Morphicon Corporation - Initial Articles of Incorporation (12 February 2004)
- Nonprofit Locator - Morphicon Corporation
- AnthrOhio website
- Morphicon mailing list
- AnthrOhio and Morphicon LiveJournal communities
- AnthrOhio and Morphicon on Fur Affinity
- AnthrOhio and Morphicon on Twitter
- Photos, videos, reports: Morphicon resources
- Photos, videos, reports: AnthrOhio resources
The Wolf's Den (furry house)
Cosfurs fursuit studio (defunct?)