Midwest FurFest 2013
Midwest FurFest 2013 was a convention that was held at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, from November 22nd to November 24th, 2013. Total attendance was 3,904, including 972 participants in the fursuit parade.
Guests of Honor
The convention's charity was One Tail at a Time. One Tail at a Time is a a no-kill, all-breed dog rescue that serves to lower euthanasia rates in the greater Chicagoland area and provide education on the humane treatment of companion animals.
Through various fundraisers, approximately $28,000 was raised.
Midwest FurFest 2013's theme was, "The Pirates of Lake Michigan".
In anticipation of the convention's arrival, staff of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare put together a promotional video asking, "What does the fox say?"
A preliminary attendance figure of 3,825 was announced at the closing ceremony, which was later amended to a final figure of 3,904.
- Tweet on the Midwest FurFest account on Twitter. Dated December 2, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Tweet on the Midwest FurFest account on Twitter. Dated November 23, 2013. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Guests of Honor on the Midwest FurFest 2013 website. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- Our Charity on the Midwest FurFest 2013 website. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- Fox at Hyatt video on YouTube. Published November 19, 2013. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- Midwest FurFest 2013 - Dealer Listing, archived 2013 December 3. Retrieved 2013 December 3.
- Tweet on the Midwest FurFest account on Twitter. Dated November 24, 2013. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- Photos, videos, reports: Midwest FurFest 2013 resources