Midwest FurFest 2008
|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
- Theme: North to Alaska
- Attendance: 1992
- Fursuit parade: 358
 Guests of Honor
 Convention charity
The convention raised $15,000 for the convention charity, Rainbow Animal Assisted Therapy.
The date and the location of the convention were reserved for the closing ceremonies of Midwest FurFest 2007., where it was announced by a video created by Cheetah that the convention would be moving to a new venue, as function space at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield was limited, attendance had grown rapidly, and the main hotel and its overflow were getting tight on rooms.
The new location is approximately 15 miles from the old venue. It has significantly more function space, although fewer rooms. The dates and room rates are locked in for three years, although both the convention or hotel have the option to cancel the contract each year.
- On the 1st night of the convention, Nov 21st 2008, everyone from both the hotel and Convention Center were forced to evacuate after the fire alarms were set off, indicating a possible fire. After an investigation, it was found someone decided to smoke in their hotel room which was designed as a non-smoking area, unintentionally causing the smoke detectors to set off, which in turn set off the fire alarms in both venues. Everyone was eventually allowed back in after standing outside in the frigid 28 degree weather for up to half an hour.
- Due to space limitations, the Artists Alley had somewhat fewer tables than were available the previous year. A lottery system, which had been successfully implemented the previous year and was similar to that used for Anthrocon's Artists Alley, was used to distribute seats in the Alley.
- The art show featured 1,066 works by 68 artists. 524 pieces were sold, with 53 going to art auction. Total revenue from the show was $22,928.
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|
- ↑ MFF Board Meeting Minutes: 7/22/07 - MFF-announce mailing list
- ↑ It's That Time of Year - (23 October 2007)
- ↑ 2006 Midwest FurFest Registration Report - (17 December 2006)
- ↑ Rooms available at the Amerisuites! - Takaza, (8 September 2007)
- ↑ MFF '08 Preview - Sabot L'ours, (22 November 2007)
- ↑ MFF08 - comment by Duncan da Husky, (20 November 2007)
- Photos, videos, reports: Midwest FurFest 2008 resources