MidFur (United Kingdom)
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Informal gatherings have taken place between MidFurs for several years. More meets started across the Midlands to cater for the growing number of attending furs. According to the UK Fur forum, in the first six months of 2014, furmeets have been held in Birmingham, Lincoln, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Peterborough, Stafford and Worcester.
Furmeets in Birmingham
- BrumFurs, also known as the Birmingham Meets, full Birmingham Monthly Furmeets - The largest regular furry gathering for MidFurs in the Midlands area.
- Birmingham Coffee Meets - This meet takes place every other Wednesday. Furs will meet from 5.30pm onwards at the Starbucks in Selfridges in the city’s Bullring Shopping Centre. At 8pm, furs will move to one of several restaurants. Popular choices include Nando’s, Pizza Hut or a local pub.
- The Coffee Meets were first organized by Rallicat in February 2009. Attendees used to meet for drinks in Birmingham New Street, the city’s largest railway station. However due to the station’s redevelopment, the venue was moved to its current location.[clarify] The meets are an informal gathering and have no set organizer, furs will meet at this time and place by tradition.
ConFuzzled, the largest furry convention in the UK, takes place at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, within the MidFurs area. The Great Furscape furry weekend event takes place at the Alton Towers Resort in Staffordshire, which is also within the Midfurs region.
- Midfurs official website
- Midfur section on the UK Fur forum
- MidFurs mailing list on Yahoo! Groups
- BrumFurs on Facebook
- BrumFurs on Twitter
|This article about a community or a social group is a stub - can you it?|