Mark Allen's Pet Project
Mark Allen's Pet Project is a stand-up comedy show about furries, written and performed by British comedian Mark Allen. The show came about from Allen's attempts to understand the relationship between humans and animals. During his research, he learned about furries and decided to "infiltrate them."
Chortle.co.uk gave the show 3 out of 5 stars saying, "Though it's all wrapped up a little too pat, his ultimate comparison of the pet-owner relationship to a hostage situation is exceptionally well delivered."
Fest were more critical, giving the show 2 out of 5 stars writing that, "Let's not be too harsh on Allen. He is a funny guy, who could handle traditional stand-up if he wanted. The question he has to ask himself is whether slideshow comedy is for him. For this type of show to work, its subject needs to be acutely observed, the transition between topics needs to be seamless, and there needs to be a constant stream of laugh out loud moments. Allen's presentation has none of this. His performance style is far too laid-back and sloppy. A disappointing show."
- Mark Allen's Pet Project, written by Mark Allen. Accessed 4 March 2009.
- Mark Allen's Pet Project Press Release (PDF). Published by "Good Sense of Humour Productions" on 9 June 2008. Accessed 4 March 2009.
- Mark Allen's Pet Project review. Written for Chortle.co.uk by Jay Richardson. Accessed 30 August 2008.
- Furries section of the article 20 ways to have sex in the city. Written by Mark Allen. Retrieved 14 December 2008.
- Mark Allen Finished His Pet Project. Written by The Chained Wolf on 4 March 2009. Retrieved on 4 March 2009.
- Furry discount for Pet Project. Written by The Chained Wolf on 30 March 2009. Retrieved on 30 March 2009.
- Mark Allen's Pet Project, reviews by Chris McCall for Fest on 13 August 2008. Accessed 30 August 2008.
- Mark Allen's website
- Mark Allen's YouTube site
- Review of the show by The Chained Wolf on FurteanTimes.com