Max Black Rabbit
He has worked on various comic titles such as Hit the Beach, In The Zone, Furrlough, Extinctioners, Extinctioners Annual, Skunkworks Reflections, Boudoir, Rare Breed, and the printed comic collected prints of the webcomic Sabrina Online, among others. He is also an administrator for the furry paysite Fur After Dark.
He was the guest of honor at Conifur Northwest 2001, Feral! 2007, Morphicon 2008, and What The Fur 2010. He was reported to have been considered for guest of honor for the now defunct Bytown Furry Convention in 2010.
He has tried just about everything, from bribing Sabrina's little sister Tabitha to introduce them, trying to woo her at a science fiction convention (and having R.C. Raccoon beat him to it, as well as having a run-in with Stinken!) to finally trying to meet her face to face at her apartment, only to end up babysitting the li'l ones.
Aside from his aforementioned Fursonas, Max has also created several other original characters that have become well-known among the furry community.
- Zig Zag: One of Max's first and possibly most well-known original characters.
- Coil: A member of Aaron Larson's Anacoonda species, Coil is typically being depicted as the rival of Aaron's own Anacoonda character, Astrid.
- Raven Hunt: A blue-furred wolf, Raven is a teacher at the fictional Patriarch University along with characters contributed by several other artists.
- Pussy Noir: A black-furred feline, Pussy is a character that was created largely for Fur After Dark, though Max has posted images of her on his free sites as well.
- Anthrocon - ?
- Conifur Northwest - 2001
- Feral! - 2007
- Further Confusion - ?
- Morphicon - 2008
- What The Fur - 2010
On January 2013, upon returning from Further Confusion 2013, Max Black Rabbit was stopped by Canadian customs for a random check. After going through his sketchbooks, originals, art/books by other furry artists, laptop and phone, all of it, except his phone, were confiscated under the guidelines of the Canadian obscenity laws, and sent away for further examination by the Canada Border Services Agency. He was not detained, and was allowed to re-enter Canadian territory. On February 22, Max reported that everything had been returned to him after the agent handling his case said it didn't count under bestiality law because there weren't any actual animals.
- Max Black Rabbit's profile on deviantART. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- And then it all went to hell. post by Max Black Rabbit on Fur Affinity. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Things are looking up(ish)! post by Max Black Rabbit on Fur Affinity. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Black Rabbit Productions (formerly The Bolt Hole) - Max's official web site
- Max Black Rabbit on deviantART
- Max Black Rabbit on Fur Affinity
- Max Black Rabbit on Weasyl
- Max Black Rabbit on Pixiv
- Max Black Rabbit on VCL
- Max Black Rabbit on LiveJournal
- Malcolm Earle on Tumblr
- Max Black Rabbit on Tumblr
- Max Black Rabbit on YouTube