|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
MNFurs is a group that offers resources to aid the furry community in Minnesota which directly sponsor events mostly in the Minneapolis – Saint Paul Twin Cities metropolitan area; and offers online communication resources for greater Minnesota.
Minnesota Furs (MNFurs) evolved from a small, Twin Cities based, bi-weekly furmeet known as the SNCFurs which started in 2002, which in turn had spun off from the now-defunct Frozen Furs. The original attendance of the SNC meets and small events were less then a dozen people, and has since evolved to a community which supports indoor and outdoor events from 20-125 people and regular bi-weekly meets ranging between 30 to 60 people.
In 2004 the SNC Furs held the first annual picnic which was the start of evolving the group to something bigger. It was their first event with over 50 people in attendance and the groundwork for MNFurs as it is today. The official transition over to the MNFurs namesake was made in 2006, with MNFurs.org registered on 7 August 2006. In 2007 a basic community website was created which was re-made in 2010 to support the growing online presence and communications channels MNFurs supports today.
At the end of 2012, MNFurs took a step forward and started to file the paperwork to become a non-profit. The work is expected to be completed by the end of 2013. This step was done to better work with other non-profit fandom groups in the Twin Cities and to also provide a solid base for the upcoming convention.
- September 2014 - Furry Migration convention at Ramada Minneapolis Airport in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- March 2010 - Hotel event related to gaming and social at Bloomington West, Minnesota.
- March 2011 - Snowpocalypse hotel event with a few panels and a dance.
- October 2011 - October Minnesota Fur Gathering (OMFG) which revolved around Halloween Dance.
- August 2012 - Cat Days hotel event in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- September 2013 - ConZero - Hotel preview event after the Fall Picnic to get people into the Ramada Inn space and thinking about what can be done with it.
- Announcing the new Minnesota furgroup name: MNFurs!. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- Hey Hey Hey.. I'm gettin a boat. February 3, 2004 post by Callum Lerwick to sncfurs Yahoo!Group. Retrieved 2011 October 30.
- whois info for mnfurs.org. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- www.mnfurs.org (official website)
- MNFurs on Twitter
- MNFurs on Fur Affinity
- MNFurs on LiveJournal
- MNFurs on Yahoo! Groups
- MNFurs on YouTube
|This article about a community or a social group is a stub - can you it?|