|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Originally brought together by Ia'Kat, furs in the London area first started having organised meets during March and April of 1998, becoming established as a regular tri-weekly event in 1999. During this period, LondonFurs didn't have an established 'base' as they do today. Instead, most attendees met up at London King's Cross Railway Station, below the departures board usually around 11am, and set off from there. "Pre-meets" of this nature still continue to this day at many of the capital's major rail hubs.
- At first, furs would congregate at Soho Square before going to the pubs "The Ship" or "The Intrepid Fox".
- Late 1999 until early October 2000, the meets were held in "The Devonshire Arms", London's premier Goth pub in Camden Town. As the group grew to larger numbers, this small establishment was no longer suitable and so moved on.
- Late October 2000 until October 2003, the "Jorene Celeste" pub in Kentish Town was home for LondonFurs. However, steady decline in relations following a change of management resulted in the group moving on.
- October 2003 until 8th July 2006, The meets were held at "Ye Olde London Pub" (formerly "The Bell, Book and Candle" until it was refurbished in mid 2005), close to St. Paul's Cathedral. Increasing attendance and another management change left the LondonFurs distinctly unwelcome, and moved on.
- From 29th July 2006, the LondonFur Meets were held at the "Theodore Bullfrog" pub in Charing Cross. The venue was quickly outgrown as the group grew ever larger.
- From 15th December 2007 onwards, the Londonfur meets were relocated to the "City Golf Bar" in the Blackfriars area of London, and remained here for some time, before relocating again to the Saint Bar in Paternoster Square.
- In March 2010, the increasing regular attendance meant the meets outgrew the available space again, and were relocated down the road to the larger "Jamie's Bar" in Fleet Place. The meets have been operating here ever since and have an exceptional relationship with the management staff.
 Operating Committee
In August 2008, with the increasing number of regular attendees, an organising committee was formed. As of December 2010, it consisted of Agrajag, Bariki, Branded Bunni, Lupus Londonwolf, Miles Tigerfox and Miyabi.
In November 2011, it was announced that a small sub-committee had been created, composed of Kittiah and TiWolf to aid the committee in their activities, and to act as deputies in the event of committee member absence.
On November 18th 2011, Branded Bunni announced on Twitter that he had resigned from the committee as he felt it was now the right time for him to step down.
On January 30th 2013, Lupus stepped down from his role as Chairman of the committee for personal reasons. Bariki assumed the post of Chairman, and TiWolf was promoted from the sub-committee.
 Londonfurs Management Ltd
At the beginning of March 2012, an announcement was made by the committee that, due to issues surrounding public liability, no further "official" walks (walks organised and directed by members of the LF committee) would take place until and unless suitable insurance could be obtained. This would cover any claims made by participants or members of the public in the event of damage or accident. Whilst the LondonFur community raised the estimated cost of annual coverage within 48 hours, it still took a month to arrange the insurance, and was only made possible through the creation of a private company.
On April 5th, 2012, Bariki announced that the committee had formed a non-profit private company, titled LondonFurs Management Ltd. This company exists solely to administer the meets/seasonal parties, and to provide insurance for any arranged activities, including the fursuit walk. 
The LondonFurs website offers a calendar of upcoming and past LondonFur meets and a store offering LondonFurs branded apparel. It is designed and maintained by Miyabi.
 IRC channel
- Address: irc://irc.furnet.org:6667/londonfurs
 London Furmeets
 Regular meets
At present, the meets are open to all furries and their guests from 12pm (noon) until 7pm.
Many attendees change into partial or full fursuits or don furry items such as ears or tails.
An "artists corner" has proved popular, allowing those with artistic talents to meet and draw in (relative) peace.
There have been over 200 meets to date.
Current attendance figures are approximately 100-150 attendees per meet, depending on coinciding events (such as major furcons). This number can increase dramatically special events such as the summer and Christmas parties, often topping 250 to 300.
Participants of the LondonFur meets are not restricted to just those who live in London. The meets have visitors from all over the globe, with many regular attendees from Germany, the Netherlands and the United States.
Weather permitting, a fursuit walk starts around 3pm and, accompanied by guides, helpers and spectating furs, fursuiters will parade around the local area of London. The usual route takes partipants over the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern, then along the South Bank to a rest area, before returning to the meet venue via Blackfriars Bridge.
The average number of fursuiters is around 20-50, but more are not uncommon, especially during warmer weather. The route allows a great deal of interaction with the public, allowing for many and varied opportunites for photographs with tourists and children. The walks last, on average, around 2 hours, with a head off rest stop at the half way point.
 Christmas / Summer parties
LondonFurs have had major party events for several years, with live DJs, dancing and food, such as the LondonFurs 10th Anniversary Party.
In July 2010 these became a more official event with additional branding, themes and activities. Admission is free with expenses being funded by collections at the regular meets along with online donations.
Unlike regular meets, these events are restricted to over-18s only. This is due to licensing restrictions with the venues. There are, however, alternative (and unofficial) meets organised by the community for the younger members of the group.
The success of this event meant a Christmas party was organised at the same location on December 11th 2010.
On July 30, 2011, a "Cowboys and Indians" themed summer party was held at the Agenda Bar, Minster Court . According to a post by Lupus Londonwolf on the UKFur forums, the party hit a maximum of 404 attendees at one point, nearly £8000 was spent over the day, and not a single glass was broken.
The 2011 Christmas Party was held on December 3, 2011 at "The Sterling", inside 30 St Mary Axe, London, more commonly known as the "Gherkin", with a theme of "Dress to Impress". Several raffle prizes were donated by Elliott's Live Events, with representatives from the organisation turning up to present the prizes.  The first prize was a free trip for two to Elliott's Spring Gathering 2012.
In April 2012, it was announced on UKFur that this years summer party would be returning to the Agenda bar (used for the 2011 summer party).
The 2012 winter party was held on December 1, 2012 at the Amber Bar in Ropemaker Street, London, with a theme of "Back in Time" (1980's themed).
On February 9, 2013, it was announced on UKFur that this year would see a "Summer Weekender", with the party spread over two days. The theme was "Día de Los Muertos" ("Day of the Dead"). On Friday, July 19th, there was a party aboard the M.V. Erasmus - previously used for the RBW boat parties - from 19:00 to 23:00, and on Saturday July 20th, the party returned to the Agenda bar (used for the past two years).
The 2013 winter party was held at the Amber Bar on December 14, 2013. The theme was "Hit the Slopes".
 Media appearances
The LondonFurs were featured in a documentary shown late night on the UK's Channel 4, under the title "Human Furry Animals" in 2000 as part of their strand of programming called "The Other Side", designed to give new directors a "break" into TV. It was one of the first early television documentaries to show furries in a positive light.
Members of the LondonFur community were also featured in a segment on the London only ITV show Nightlife, in a piece titled "The Furverts" aired in 2001. Prior to filming, the production crew promised that the segment would not focus purely on the sexual nature (like other documentaries had done) and would give a fair and balanced view. However when the programme was aired it had been edited down to anything but; giving a negative and embarrassing portrayal of furry. Most, if not all the furries that feature, regret taking part.
In 2010, the London Furs featured in a segment called "Furry:Gente de Pelúcia" from the Brazilian programe Fantástico after a chance encounter with a Brazilian film crew during one of the meets , which can be downloaded from SlyCat's download page.
- ↑ LF Committee - Changes Are Afoot - Lupus Londonwolf on UKFur, dated September 9, 2011
- ↑ LF: Your Committee - Miyabi on UKFur, dated November 9, 2011
- ↑ LF Committee and Company Changes - Bariki on LondonFur Tumblr, dated January 30, 2013
- ↑ Official Fursuit Walks & Public Liability - Miyabi on UKFur, dated March 7, 2012
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Insurance Purchased - Official Fursuit Walk To Resume - Bariki on UKFur, dated April 5, 2012
- ↑ http://vimeo.com/5793139
- ↑ http://www.londonfurs.org.uk/aloha
- ↑ http://www.londonfurs.org.uk/santa-claws
- ↑ http://londonfurs.org.uk/yeehaw
- ↑ Summer Party 2011 Meet Report - Lupus Londonwolf on UKFur, dated August 2, 2011
- ↑ Londonfurs Christmas Party - Lupus Londonwolf on UKFur, dated September 30, 2011
- ↑ Londonfurs Winter Party, Saturday 3Rd December 2011 - Bariki on UKFur, dated November 13, 2011
- ↑ LondonFurs Summer Party Pre-Announcement Thread - Bariki on UKFur, dated April 24, 2012
- ↑ Winter Party 2012: Back In Time - Lupus Londonwolf on UKFur, dated October 15, 2012
- ↑ LondonFurs Summer Weekender - Miyabi on UKFur, dated February 9, 2013
- ↑ Londonfurs Winter Party 2013 - Miyabi on UKFur, dated October 2, 2013
- ↑ http://forum.ukfur.org/index.php?showtopic=21218&hl=brazilian
- LondonFurs Website
- LondonFurs Discussion Forum
- LondonFurs on Twitter
- LondonFurs Mailing List
- #londonfurs on FurNet
- Londonfurs Flickr group
- LondonFur events on Furmeets.co.uk
- LondonFurs Apparel Store