|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
- Furlaxation - 2012, 2013
In May 2003, Lightpaws was arrested and arraigned on seventeen counts of sexual misconduct involving minors (ten ORC 2907.323 [Illegal use of minor in nudity-oriented material or performance] and seven ORC 2907.321 [Pandering obscenity involving a minor]). He pleaded guilty to the ten 2907.323 charges, which lead the case prosecutor to file a Nolle Prosequi ("do not prosecute" motion) for the remaining seven.
During sentencing, he had several stipulations attached to his probation, including having to register with the sex offender registry, undergo sex offender counseling, and to have no unsupervised contact with children and restricted internet access.
In April 2014, Lightpaws filed a Motion for Expungement with the Ohio court system. The State filed an objection to the motion stating he was not eligible for expungement as defined under Ohio Revised Code 2953.36 ("Sealing of record of conviction exceptions"), which excludes offenders convicted under ORC 2907.323. The appeal was eventually denied.
After the news broke,[clarify] several staff members[who?] resigned after the 2012 convention ended, including Furlaxation member Nrr, who retained a lawyer in the event legal action were to be brought against the convention and its staff.[clarify] Lightpaws later responded to the Vivisector's report regarding his case and Furlaxation staff involvement in-situ.
- Lightpaws' profile on MyFur Network. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "We are going online!" — posting by Lightpaws on his Fur Affinity journal. Posted December 1, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- Staff page on Furlaxation's website. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Lightpaws' registered agent record on the Ohio's business filling portal. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Criminal Case 03 CR 003407 (PDF). Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Expungement request (PDF). Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Topic: "Furlaxation" convention chair a registered sex offender post by Conan on Vivisector.org. Posted April 17, 2012. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- Lightpaw's response on thread discussion at Vivisector.org. Posted April 22, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Lightpaws on Fur Affinity
- Lightpaws on Twitter
- Lightpaws' Warren - Lightpaws on LiveJournal
- Lightpaws on MyFur Network
|This stub about a person could be .|