Renard is a musician who produces a variety of primarily electronic music. They also occasionally produce Rock music, though this is also entirely electronically based with no recording from physical instruments. They are the founder and owner of the Canadian record company LapFox Trax (formerly VULPvibe), where they publish their own work under a number of different aliases.
Renard uses MODPlug for the majority of their producing and mastering, Google Translate for vocoding, and ACID Pro 7.0 and Goldwave for additional mastering. The various VSTis (Virtual Studio Technology instruments) they use include AskaAyum, Bassline, Cheeze Machine, GalactiX, Kontakt, Legacy, Miniogue, NEOkILLER-II, Nexus, PlasticCZ, Pro-53, Pterosaur, Purity, Silkworm, Supersaw, Sylenth1, Synth1, The Shepherd, Ticky Clav, Vanguar, and Wavestation. VST effects are made with Anters AutoTuner, Antares AVOX 2 Suite, BJ LoFi, BJ Ringmod, Fruity 7 Band EQ, Fruity Bass Boost, Fruity Blood Overdrive, Fruity Phaser, Formant Filter, mda Stereo, mda SubSynth, OrangeVocoder, Puncher, RetroDelay, URS 1970 / 1975 / 1980 Compressor / Limiters, and standard DirectX echo and wavesreverb.
They use many different sound formats, and have used hundreds of sound samples in their music.
- Renard - A gender-null fox/raccoon hybrid with tentacle-like dreads, often portrayed as a nurse. Renard is sometimes nicknamed the "Voodoo Nurse". The genre of music that is most familiarized with Renard is Breakcore/Raggacore. Originally, Renard Queenston was a male anthropomorphic red, black, and white fox/raccoon with shoulder-length hair. This version was a closer representation to Renard, the artist. In 2009, he was redesigned, with black hair, dreadlocks and a nurse outfit. Later on, it became a genderless being, as they felt it better represents what they do creatively. Renard and Jackal Queenston are often viewed as being related as brothers and together form the alias The Queenstons. Renard's design was assisted by Kamicheetah.
- Adraen - A dragon and rhinoceros-like creature with black skin, green hair, and glowing green markings. He produces intense breakcore and hardcore digital rave music. Renard stated that this alias was retired on their official Tumblr, stating that his style had grown too much into what Kitcaliber now uses.
- Aurastys - A silver female chozo with glowing blue eyes and features. She produces dark ambient, drone, and noise music with sci-fi influences.
- Azrael - No animal is known to be associated with this persona. The music Queenston compose under this persona is a blend of hardcore techno and gabber music, very much in the same vein as the very popular Thunderdome festivals in the Netherlands.
- Bandetto - Bandetto is an orange, canine pool toy who wears a magneto bandanna with a set of jaws on it. Bandetto produces happy hardcore with really strong Japanese influences. Although Renard stated that this specific alias isn't associated with the Lapfox label the lapfox community has widely accepted him as being part of it.
- Darius - A gender-null black and white striped badger/skunk hybrid. Darius's first album, Ergosphere, is one of the most popular albums on the Lapfox Trax's Bandcamp site. Darius produces freeform and progressive fusion, having lots of spacey trance-esque and jazz influences.
- D-Mode-D - A pair of crossdressing crows, one being white and green, while the other is black and green. D-Mode-D is also signed to Lapfox's affiliate record label Breakbit. Renard uses them as an experimental outlet, producing music such as retromodern leftfield, electronic dancehall and dance floor-type music.
- Eugene - Eugene is an intersexed Hellhound who identifies as female. She is a long term friend of Truxton and produces harsh, aggressive hip hop and noise muic and has so far only released one album.
- Furries in a Blender - Originally known as Emoticon, is an off-white, rainbow-striped feline usually wearing rave accessories who produces happy hardcore, breakcore, and synth-core music.
- Jackal Queenston - A tan and brown jackal who is usually adorned in Nazi and other WWII uniforms. He is portrayed as war-mongering and produces drum & bass music, often with themes alluding to violence or power. His design was assisted by Elizabeth Sewell.
- Kitcaliber - A male and female duo of white canines named Kit (female) and Caliber (male) who typically wear gas masks and goggles that obscure their faces. They produce digital punk rock, which often includes vocals (which are usually attributed to Kit. Caliber is considered the musician and Kit the vocalist.)
- Kitsune² - A white, video game-loving rat who produces video game style chiptune and demotune music. He is often seen wearing shirts with references to video games such as Pac-man on them.
- Klippa - A large orange horned lizard, similar to a dinosaur. He produces downtempo, skweee, dubstep, hip-hop, glitchhop, and other similar genres.
- Mayhem - A keytar-playing shark with a cyber/punk style. She produces a multitude of music in different genres, mostly House and electro music with breakbeat influence. Her style of music is generally dancy and upbeat, and often aggressive in tone.
- The Quick Brown Fox - A multi-colored, piñata-fox, often seen with a bat with the initials "TQBF" written on it. He produces speedcore music, in relation to its name. His early works were very harsh, aggressive and loud, however, over time his style evolved into something much more upbeat and happy.
- Truxton - A white/teal/off-black intersexed hellhound (originally a ram). Truxton began as one of Renards' Second Life avatars. Originally Renard had no intentions of using Truxton as a musical persona. Truxton produces purely mash-up music which uses many samplings from different songs with little original content.
- NegaRen - Not just an inverted version of Renard, but is seen as a sort of alternate version. NegaRen is often referred to as a "pumpkin fox". It is portrayed as a mischievous, yet fun-loving character. NegaRen's music is a Halloween-themed combination of happy hardcore, speed dance, and raggaeton. Albums under this alias are only released during the fall months of October and November, fitting with its overall Halloween theme.
PSURG Design is the art and design team of Renard and SqueedgeMonster. The majority of art used through out LapFox Trax sites is drawn and rendered by Squeedge, and the more design aspects added by Renard
Renard is also the driving force behind the MungYoDance series of freeware PC games, which is similar in nature to DDR. Renard under PSURG Design created another game called Shark Attack, an 8-bit shooter featuring the aliases associated with PSURG, Mischief and Mayhem, as well as two other shark characters, Fracas and Malice.
Interests and hobbies
Renard is a gamer, though they primarily play rhythm games that include dancing and music such as ThirdStyle, FlashFlashRevolution, Dance Dance Revolution, Pump It Up, Pop'n Music, and BeatMania IIDX. They also enjoy arcade-style fighting games such as the Vampire Savior 2 and Guilty Gear Accent Core, shooter such as Gradius V and Metal Slug 3, and side-scrollers including Mega Man 4 and Metroid. Renard is an avid fan of the classics Sinistar and Splatterhouse.
Along with video games, they are a fan of comic books and films such as Freddy's Dead, Evil Dead 2, Bride of Re-Animator, and We Are the Strange.
Jackal Queenston, art by Anjila.
Emoticon, who also releases music under "Furries in a Blender", art by by Fullmetal--Folfamist.
Kitsune^2, art by by Suguro.
Adraen, art by Lawlzy.
- Renard on Weasyl
- Renard_V on Fur Affinity (no longer in use)
- Renard_V on LiveJournal
- Queenston on Tumblr (personal blog)
- Darius Alpha on Tumblr (music blog)
- The 68000 Heart on Tumblr (video game collection blog)
- Go-Go-GST on Tumblr (video game soundtrack blog)
- Blast Processing on Tumblr (semi-active, video game culture and info blog)
- Stretch Panic on Tumblr (sex blog)
- NSRRenard on YouTube (no longer in use)
- Lapfox Official on YouTube (used for music)
- NSRRenard Alt on YouTube
- VULPvibe Records on Bandcamp