DoPE (the Department of Pawpetry Entertainment), is the crew behind the pawpet show at Eurofurence. The show is also known as the LSD Show, as it was originally set at Lionel Scritchie's Dormitory. Despite the drug-refering puns of the acronyms, the only drugs involved in making the show are pure and utter nonsense along with a great love for puppetry.
The initiative for the show came from Fairlight, who took his lion pawpet to ConFurence 11 and met TeddyRuxpin of PawPets West, who was organizing the pawpet events at the convention. Fairlight immediately became addicted to puppeteering and organized a short music parody show for Eurofurence 6. Additional puppeteers on that show were Lynard, Eisfuchs and Jaryic. The LSD Show became one of the main events of the following Eurofurences.
- Eisfuchs (performer and voice of Lori the naïve vixen)
- Fairlight (performer and voice of Poke the big-mouthed and perverse ferret)
- Lynard (voice and performer of Lionel C. Scruffycat the rational lion)
- TaniDaReal (voice and performer of Mika the tough Snow Leopardess)
Additional long-time puppeteers and stage-hands are FinFarenath, o'wolf, Tigerseye, Xan and Zefiro. Backdrops have been designed by TaniDaReal. Props, additional puppets and various set elements usually get designed and built by various crew members. The puppet stage manager and assistent director is Reesa. Sound and pre-recordings engineer is Jaryic, lights are operated and designed by Nightfox. The crew also includes the Eurofurence video documentary staff under direction of BigBlueFox and additional helpers for scene-shifting, curtain operation and lighting. The show at Eurofurence XI had more than 20 people on staff.
- Lionel Scritchie's Dormitory (Eurofurence 6)
- Medieval Madness (Eurofurence 7)
- F.I.A. (Eurofurence 8)
- Ceška Paradisa (Eurofurence 9)
- The Phantom of the Pawpet-Show (Eurofurence 10)
- Songs of the Old Ages (Eurofurence 11)
- The Hounds of Blackwhite Castle (Eurofurence 12)
- The Unlucky Thirteen (Eurofurence 13)
- Dreamcatchers (Eurofurence 14)
- Operation Desert Snow (Eurofurence 15)
- Ogwambi (Eurofurence 16)
From here, the crew decided to part with the original main cast and moved to new characters on a per-show basis, abandoning the classic hand puppets for bigger, selfmade rod puppets, operated by at least two pawpeteers per puppet.
- Year of the Rat (Eurofurence 17)
- Pompeii (Eurofurence 18)
- End Tide (Eurofurence 19)
- Official LSD Show Blog (archived)