Kimberleigh Ann Keister
|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Road Rovers and Kylen Miles
Kim made her first foray into the furry fandom when she became involved in the Road Rovers fandom, where she often participated in art trades, forum conversation, and other social activities. Eventually she became acquaintances with Kylen Miles, a popular artist in the Road Rovers fandom and animation student at Loyola Marymount University. Kim soon appeared to emulate her in several ways, drawing characters that closely resembled Kylen's as well as copying Kylen's drawings and passing them off as her own. Because the Road Rovers fandom was small and tight-knit, Kim was quickly discovered and subsequently admonished by many members of the community for her actions. However, despite that she was ostracized from the community for her actions, Kim continued to draw artwork not only from the Road Rovers, but also equine art inspired by the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, as well as The Lion King fanart. In a statement issued by Kylen Myles on her website, Silabub.com, she stated that Kim also harassed her younger brother several times.
With growing disagreement between herself and the Road Rovers community, she quickly became estranged from them. She criticized its members through several mediums, including message boards, LiveJournals, and newsgroups. She claimed that Kylen Miles had actually copied her art, and that Kylen was stalking her. Later she would use this same tactic on other artists, even going so far as to include a 'Wall of Shame' page on her personal website, Wintermist Studios.
Another of Kim's favorite targets in the Road Rovers fandom is Convoy, whom at the time was underage and still living with his parents. Kim became infatuated with Convoy, and eventually began claiming that they were dating and then later engaged, as well that he had gotten her pregnant. However, all of this was completely constructed by Kim, as Convoy not only lived on the other side of the United States, but had never met Kim in real life. Finally, after Kim began calling Convoy's home repeatedly, his parents stepped in and barred him from the internet. At that time, Kim appropriated Convoy's Road Rover fan character and began claiming that it was copyright her. Much later, Kim claimed that it was in fact the other way around - that Convoy had made unwanted advances toward her and she only contacted his parents when it got out of hand.
During the turmoil between herself and the Road Rovers fandom, Kim also made several false identities to contact various members. Despite creating realistic sounding names for these personas, Kim was always found out due to her consistent spelling and grammar mistakes.
Kim was "indefinitely suspended" from the VCL at the start of 2005 for her persistent complaints about the site and the "internet rules" it was breaking. As of May 2006 this has been the only exception to the VCL's policy of "no permanent bans". In retaliation, Kim made several attempts to sully Ch'marr's name, including posting to her LiveJournal that he had been arrested for child pornography. The ban was later upgraded to permanent after threats of sexual harassment charges were made to Ch'marr.
Kim was banned from Fur Affinity in early 2006, after fabricating a story in which, as she claimed, "dedicated hackers" were constantly hijacking her account and posting dozens of new posts in what would have been the span of five minutes. She threatened the site's administrators with legal action through the FBI's "Special Internet Crime Department" and was banned from the site after IP logs of her account activity proved that no one but herself had accessed the account since its creation.  Kim has subsequently re-registered on Fur Affinity and has continued her pattern of harassment against people that she targeted in the past.
As retaliation to her bans, Kim created numerous groups and profiles in an attempt to defame the administrators and members of the sites she was removed from, including: 'The Furry Art Thief Police', , , , 
Wintermist Productions on Portal of Evil
Kim's website, "Wintermist Productions", was featured on Portal of Evil in March 2002. The Wintermist Productions subforum on PoE was consistently active, and when Portal of Evil closed, the Wintermist section was still one of the largest sub-forums ever hosted there.
Around that time, the "Kim Keister Primer" written by JockoJones was a page on Portal of Evil.
G.I. Joe fandom
Kim was involved with the G.I. Joe fandom. In an April 2003 thread on GI Joe Cartoon Forum, poster oldschooljoefan wrote
|1) On the Yahoo! GIJOE mailing list, Kim claimed she saved a kitten at a vet's (untrue) and brought up so many subjects with foul language and inappropriate content that she was banned.
2) Kim has been banned from setting foot on the LMU campus. She will deny it a hundred times, but it's true. She's not EVER going there---firstly, she can't afford it, and secondly, she's not allowed!
3) The voice on her Yahoo! profile is not her own. As if that was any kind of question, but letting the more innocent ones here know.
Kim, go away. You're a liar and a horrible artist. For crying out loud, you're even copying Kylen's website on your new one (her website was shut from Geocities for inappropriate content, but she's at it again).
Kim stated she made background checks into another forum member: "Like I do, type in her name and it pulls up her state and chooses on what you want.. Super background check is 69.95 and gaves everything one her. ever thing from parents, phone number, cell phone to medical files. you can find it at people serach at Yahoo. I use it when i need get info on people for my lawyer." On April 28, 2003 she posted in the thread "I can just as easy bring a lawsuit down on the fourm and it's owner".
On April 29, 2003 Kim posted "I bet Medic's site is a rip off to this site..everything she has is ripped off"
Kim has also shown up on several websites and mailinglists for the United States Navy. She was banned from the AirWarriors.com forum, as well as was shunned from the 'NavalAviation' mailinglist on Yahoo for constantly trying to find a date. Keister has also shown herself on a community for animal control officers, ACO Fun Stop, by first registering an account under the name 'KeepItWegging', and then later as 'FleaBag'. At some point while posting on this forum, Kim made a new enemy in user 'tomhato', as she mentions this person several times on her current webpage accusing them of physical assaults and stalking.
Continuing online presence
Kim has described herself as: an animator with ties to the Walt Disney corporation and DreamWorks, having completed a B.S. degree in 4 years, a marine biologist, in the Navy, in the ROTC, becoming a veterinarian  and a law enforcement officer.
Kim has a website from 2009 stating she is a professional dog handler.
Kimberleigh Ann Keister was active again on deviantART, despite her previous bans, with username MysticWavesAnnLeigh, WolfMist,and she spent most of her time on DeviantART leaving rude comments and "trolling" artists. Kim is on Fur Affinity as user AlyssaFox, Yuki-san-gwd, and potentially many other accounts currently unidentified. Dragoneer was alerted to her new presence.
Kim has created several websites on Webs.com, including one that means to 'set the facts straight' about her, purportedly created by her mother. (According to a posting on Silabub.com, Kim has pretended to be her own mother online.) On this new website, she targets not only the previously mentioned 'tomahto' from the ACO Funstop forums, but also Banrai, whom she claims must be Volk as well as Gore, the original creators of Kimmaugh.com.
This is not the first time that Keister has made Banrai a target, in 2007 Keister began judiciously defacing several articles on Wikifur related to Banrai. Further edits to Banrai's article by Kim added that Kim had at some point filed for a restraining order against Banrai due to 'slander hate art' After many years of relative silence, Keister has recently contacted Banrai via e-mail after many years of silence with a pre-written statement that was subsequently posted to other forums where Kim was being discussed. Along with the short rant that was posted about Banrai on Kim's site, she also left a comment on the posts she linked to, 'The Banrai Files', in which she claims that Banrai is a Kim Keister impersonator, and that Banrai made up everything that was on Gore and Volk's website Kimmaugh.com to tarnish Kim's reputation. Kim seems to believe that the new administrator of Kimmaugh.com, known as Loremaster, is also Banrai. Further communication from Kim shows that she is now claiming that she is an imposter that was involved during the PoE days, and is just trying to make Kim look bad. She has continued contact, despite being told to stop.
- ↑ "Here you go some my art work! You won't be disapointed!" forum topic at Animation Nation where Kim is caught and publicly called out for tracing Kylen's art. While the images have not survived, the posts have.
- ↑ Sledride by Kylen Miles Posted June 11, 2000, retrieved July 10, 2012.
- ↑ 'Nuzzlepup's Geocities page archived from the original, July 12, 2012. Includes a traced copy of the 'Sledride' picture by Kylen, drawn by Kim and dated 2001.
- ↑ Silabub.com's GuestBook archived from the original retrieved July 12, 2012.
- ↑ User 'Wet Suit' is Kim, claims that Kylen is jealous of Kim due to having been beaten in art shows.
- ↑ Art Stealer ~Rebal-Lone Dog Archived from the original, Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- ↑ Convoy by Mavrik on Side7
- ↑ Road Rovers Art from Nuzzlepup Geocities Page. Archived from the original April 21, 2005, retrieved July 12, 2012. The first image on this page states that 'Convoy is (c) Kimberleigh Ann Keister'
- ↑ Kim Keister (Kimmah) allegedly returns retrieved July 12, 2012. See quoted text in the first post taken from Kim's LiveJournal
- ↑ Jerry McConner? from Silabub.com forums
- ↑ The Summary of Kim. Plz Read from Silabub.com forums, archived from the original
- ↑ If this doesn't piss you off, nothing will. (READ THIS!!) from Silabub.com forums, archived from the original
- ↑ Here you go some my art work! You won't be disapointed! topic on Animation Nation forums. See post by "Karen K" mid-way down the page.
- ↑ VCL Forums announcement. Retrieved May 12, 2006.
- ↑ See quote in the first post by user a pidgeon, taken directly from Kim's 'JunkyardMutt' Livejournal.
- ↑ User armitige3 is the owner of Side7
- ↑ FurAffinity User AlyssaFox
- ↑ FurAffinity User Yuki-san-gwd
- ↑ Comment by AlyssaFox on Convoy's journal. the original July 10, 2012, retrieved July 10, 2012.
- ↑ Comment by Yuki-san-gwd on Convoy's journal. Archived from the original July 10, 2012, retrieved July 10, 2012
- ↑ WinterHusky deviantART page, permanently banned for ban evasion
- ↑ YukiSanGWD on Deviantart, currently in storage, however artwork cached for the account is Kim's
- ↑ Furry Art Thief Police on Yahoo! Groups
- ↑ KAK_Police on Livejournal, however account has been purged.
- ↑ pedifile_in_vcl community on LiveJournal created to claim that the VCL was full of pedophiles
- ↑ User vcl_pedophilia on LiveJournal, now purged
- ↑ Wintermist Productions as reviewed on Portal of Evil, Archive.org cache of page.
- ↑ Wintermist Productions subforum on Portal of Evil cached from Archive.org
- ↑ The Kim Keister Primer archived from its original page.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 brought me the JOE DVD on The Ultimate G.I. Joe Cartoon Website. Thread started April 25 2003 by Kimberleigh Ann Keister. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- ↑ "I bet Medic's site is a rip off to this site.. on The Ultimate G.I. Joe Cartoon Website. Thread started April 29 2003 by Kimberleigh Ann Keister. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- ↑ Search for 'Wintersibs' on AirWarriors.com - While Kim's own posts no longer exist, she has clearly left an impression on the members of this forum
- ↑ Is anyone looking for a single virgin 27 year old to date? from NavalAviation2 Yahoo! group
- ↑ Hello from San Fran. Bay Area & looking for ACO Job on ACO Funstop Forums
- ↑ "Hi, from the S.F Bay Area of CA. on ACO Funstop Forums
- ↑ Kimberleigh Ann Keister: The Truth Section archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- ↑ "Oh God in Havenly my life is getting better by the year!" topic on Silabub.com in which Kim (user RRvrMaddawg) makes this statement.
- ↑ Comment by Kim on account 'MisticWavesAnnLeigh' on DeviantART making claims referring to herself while pretending to not be the person she is referencing.
- ↑ Navalaviation2 Yahoo Group post by Kim as WintermistStudios01
- ↑ A listing for her Siberian Husky, 'Wolf' in which Kim claims to be very busy due to pre- veterinarian classes and ROTC.
- ↑ Any one here? from Silabub.com forums, poster Maddawg is Kim
- ↑ Kim Keister, Professional Handler Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- ↑ Mysticwavesannleigh on DeviantART - while the account is cleared, her comments show that the poster is clearly Keister
- ↑ Wolfmist on DeviantART
- ↑ Keister as user MysticWavesAnnLeigh discussing how art is 'free for the taking' unless you've filed the appropriate paperwork
- ↑ YiffyLeaks PM in which Convoy tells Dragoneer that he's been harassed
- ↑ Why is Maui banned from this board on Silabub.com, archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- ↑ Kimberleigh Ann Keister: A Victim of Cyber-bulling because she is Disabled!!!!! archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- ↑ Revision History of Banrai on Wikifur 29 April 2007
- ↑ Revision History of Banrai on Wikifur 30 April 2007
- ↑ Kimberleigh Ann Keister: The "Kimmaugh" Phenomenon from EatAllFurries
- ↑ Anonymous comment on The Banrai Files that displays Kim's token style of typing and logic. Archived on July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- ↑ Wordpress.com is hosting/supporting a cyber-bulling webpage targeting a Disabled forum topic on Wordpress.com. Archived from the original July 13, 2012.
- ↑ Email received July 12, 2012 Archived July 14, 2012
- ↑ Email received July 12, 2012 Archived July 14, 2012.
- ↑ Emails received July 12, 2012 Archived July 14, 2012.
- Kimberleigh Ann Keister: A Victim of Cyber-bulling because she is Disabled!!!!! on Webs.com
- Kim Keister, Professional Handler on Webs.com
- Wintermist Siberian Huskies on Webs.com