Justa Lotta Animals
The Justa Lotta Animals are a fictional superhero team that appeared in stories published by DC Comics. The team was an anthropomorphic funny animal parody of the pre-Crisis Justice League of America.
The Justa Lotta Animals originally appeared in the series Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew as the name of a superhero comic book written and drawn by Captain Carrot's alter ego, Roger Rodney Rabbit. Various panels of the Justa Lotta Animals' comic that were shown in the Captain Carrot series were often parodies of classic Justice League storylines.
In Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #14 and #15, in a storyline titled "Crisis On Earth-C!," the Justa Lotta Animals were finally revealed to actually exist, on a parallel Earth named "Earth-C-Minus" (versus the world of the Zoo Crew, which was named "Earth-C"). The two teams united to defeat the villains of the story, Dr. Hoot (an owl mad scientist) and Feline Faust (a cat sorcerer; an analog of Justice League villain Felix Faust).
The Justa Lotta Animals lived on the parallel world of Earth-C-Minus, and made its headquarters in an orbiting space station.
Events and characters on Earth-C-Minus were considered to be fictional to natives of Earth-C, similar to how events and characters of Earth-Two were considered as fictional on Earth-One (see Multiverse for more information). Additionally, events and characters on Earth-C-Minus paralleled those of the then-mainstream DC Universe of Earth-One. Like Earth-C, the names of characters and locations tended to make heavy use of various animal-based puns.
After the events of the 1985 miniseries Crisis on Infinite Earths, it was revealed that Earth-C-Minus (and Earth-C) survived intact, as they were actually "alternate dimensions" instead of parallel Earths.
The main members of the Justa Lotta Animals were:
- Super-Squirrel: a squirrel; analog of Superman. Super-Squirrel has a vast array of "Chiptonian" superpowers, including flight, super-vision, and super-strength. His main weakness was to "chiptonite". Super-Squirrel lived in the city of "Muttropolis".
- Batmouse: a mouse; analog of Batman. Batmouse used a wide array of gadgets in his fight against his various foes, often with the aid of his sidekick, Boyd the Robin Wonder (a robin).
- Wonder Wabbit: a rabbit; analog of Wonder Woman. Wonder Wabbit made use of her "Animal-zon" (Amazon) superpowers and tools in fighting crime, including super-strength, invulnerable bracelets, a magic lasso, and a see-through robot airplane. Wonder Wabbit originally came from "Parrot-Eyes Island" (Paradise Island).
- Green Lambkin: a male lamb; analog of the Silver Age Green Lantern. Green Lambkin used his power ring in fighting crime. However, his ring had two weaknesses: a 24-hour charge limit (after which it had to be recharged) and was useless against the color yellow. Green Lambkin was a member of the "Green Lambkin Corps", and served the Goat-Guardians of the planet Uh-Oh (Oa).
- The Crash: a turtle; analog of the Silver Age Flash. The Crash was gifted with the power of vast superspeed. According to Captain Carrot #14, he was presumably inspired to become the Crash by reading comic books of (Earth-C's) the Terrific Whatzit as a youth, just as Barry Allen (the Flash of Earth-One) was inspired by reading comics of the adventures of Jay Garrick (the Flash of Earth-Two).
- Aquaduck: a duck; analog of Aquaman. Aquaduck, like Aquaman, presumably possessed the ability to swim at terrific speeds, survive the ocean depths, breathe underwater and communicate with all sea life (though the latter might not be as impressive in light of the sentience of animals on Aquaduck's world).
Other members of the Justa Lotta Animals include:
- Green Sparrow: a sparrow; analog of Green Arrow.
- Stacked Canary: a canary; analog of Black Canary.
- Hawkmoose: a moose; analog of the Silver Age Hawkman.
- The Martian Anteater: an anteater from Mars (of the Earth-C-Minus universe); analog of the Martian Manhunter.
- The Item: an elephant; analog of the Silver Age Atom.
- Elongator: an alligator; analog of the Elongated Man.
- Firestork: a stork; analog of Firestorm.
- Zap-Panda: a panda; analog of Zatanna.
- The Rat Tornado: a rat; analog of the Silver Age Red Tornado.
Enemies of the Justa Lotta Animals or its individual members include:
- Kanga Roo: a kangaroo; analog of Kanjar Ro. He once enslaved the Justa Lotta Animals in his "slave ship of space".
- Lex Lemur: a lemur; analog of Lex Luthor. Super-Squirrel's archenemy.
- The Porker: a pig; analog of the Joker. Archenemy of the Batmouse.
- Hector Hamhock: a pig; analog of Hector Hammond. Enemy of Green Lambkin.
- The Weather Weasel: a weasel; analog of the Weather Wizard. Enemy of the Crash.
- The Shaggy Dawg: a very hairy dog; analog of the Shaggy Man.
- Feline Faust: analog of Felix Faust.
- Amazoo: an android composite of the parts of a dozen different animals; the Earth-C-Minus analog of Amazo.
- A duck analog of early Justice League foe Xotar, the Weapons Master is seen in a panel of one Justa Lotta Animals comic panel.
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Justa Lotta Animals. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|