Although the character started out as a fox, Jurann changed species to a Spotted Hyena sometime in early 2000 due to changing personality and outlook that seemed to coincide with the species change. In September 2006 he changed species again, to raccoon. On September 23, 2007, his character was redrawn by K'sharra as a polar bear, resulting in yet another species change. As listed on Fur Affinity, his species is "Ice Bear".
Jurann's first fursuit was created in 2005 by Tvalobear from ToonSuits.Com and has appeared at Midwest FurFest, Conifur Northwest, AnthroCon, Further Confusion and various other furmeets and regional events.
In May of 2010 Jurann purchased Korth's okapi fursuit made by RoseQuoll (body) and MixedCandy (head, paws, feet) and renamed the suit Twende. She is part of the Critters By The Bay mascotting troupe in the California Bay Area and has appeared in the Piedmont 2010 4th of July Parade and the San Jose 2010 Holiday Parade.
In July of 2010 Jurann also had a female Tauren fursuit named Jeemana completed by fursuit maker komickrazi which is still having replica armor made for it prior to wearing to any events.
 Furry projects
As webmaster and programmer, Jurann has created or been involved in several furry and furry-related projects, including FurCen.Org, Furry Grand Central, the Furry Database, FurBuy, FuroticaMUCK and the now-defunct Freezing Furs.
 Staff roles
Jurann staffed ConiFur Northwest for 5 years as the Director of Internet and Gaming. He was going to be the Art Show Director of RainFurrest, scheduled for August 2007, until June 12th, when he was replaced on staff by Glen Wooten due to personal conflicts with the convention organization.
Jurann later would go on to be the Science Track 3rd at Further Confusion in 2011.
 Art bidding
In April 2007, K'sharra claimed that Jurann "outbid a couple of people on" pieces in a convention art show "because he felt they would sell for higher at a different con. At the end of the con, he paid for the pieces and gave them back" to the artist, his mate K'sharra, "to sell elsewhere.".
In a comment to K'sharra's post on Artists Beware, Jurann stated
|"I defended the pieces because I really like them and wanted them myself. But I'd also like to see them in a bigger art show where they'll get more attention. I suppose I made a boo-boo, because while I violated no policies of the art show, I'm being ethically challenged by all kinds of people for what I did."|
 FurBid-SF suspension
Jurann also placed bids in an online auction by K'sharra, under a newly-registered account, Kandykoon. His bids were made in an increasing pattern over the course of three days, and were followed by two bids by two different people, one of which won the item.
On April 15, Jurann was suspended from FurBid-SF by Ayukawataur for a period of at least six months. Ayukawataur noted that his bids:
|"Were in no way consistent with his bidding practice across the previous five auctions under the user name Jurann, nor the other two auctions under the name Kandykoon."|
She also noted that:
In a post by Jurann, he stated:
|"My interest in buying this piece was completely genuine..." and "I once again used my USUAL bidding strategy for placing bids on the piece, which is consistent with my strategy for [other] pieces on Furbid: inching up the proxy of other users so I don't have to make a proxy bid far higher than theirs."|
 Fur Affinity
As of early 2011, Jurann's account on Fur Affinity is marked Suspended, with
|The Administration of this site does NOT appreciate disruption of the community, drama starting and interference with user transactions. They especially don't appreciate false threats against users holding auctions on FA instead of furbuy. This user is permanently banned.|
- ↑ New Species. September 24, 2006 LiveJournal post by Jurann. Retrieved September 24, 2006. (Post protected, i.e. no longer public, as of April 17, 2007.)
- ↑ http://www.furaffinity.net/user/jurann Retrieved May 15, 2011
- ↑ Looking for a few Good Staffers!. March 4, 2007 post by Jurann to RainFurrest LiveJournal community. Retrieved April 10, 2007.
- ↑ A Difference In Opinion. June 14, 2007 post by Jurann to his LiveJournal. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- ↑ To quote the Hitchhiker's Guide... April 10, 2007 post by K'sharra to the artists_beware community on LiveJournal. Retrieved April 11, 2007. (Post deleted as of April 17, 2007. Cached copy of Artists_Beware front page, retrieved by Google on April 14, 2007.)
- ↑ Comment by Jurann posted April 11, 2007 to artists_beware. Retrieved April 11, 2007. (Post deleted as of April 17, 2007.)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 "Auction Hijinks" posted April 17, 2007 on LiveJournal. Retrieved December 24, 2007.
- ↑ Bid History of auction on FurBid-SF. Auction started April 6, 2007; ended April 11, 2007. Retrieved April 11, 2007.
- ↑ A recent issue. April 15, 2007 LiveJournal post by Ayukawataur. Retrieved April 16, 2007.
- ↑ http://www.furaffinity.net/user/jurann Retrieved May 15, 2011.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|