Jon's comics have been published online since early 1998. His longest running series is Peter and Company, a comic strip that has evolved through several different forms over the years. In early 2005 Jon threw out all his old material related to Peter and Company and started over from scratch with a fresh storyline and character designs, while keeping the original strip's name. This latest version is currently being pushed for national syndication. His other comic is a graphic novel entitled The Chronicles of Ademar, featuring the character Lily the Samurai Panda. Jon and his wife, Whitney, started a sequel webcomic to Peter and Company called Peter and Whitney in 2016. Both of these webcomics are hosted by The Katbox.
Although Jon's work features anthropomorphic characters, he has stated publicly on several forums that he does not wish to be associated with the furry fandom. Instead, he wishes to be known only as a traditional cartoonist who enjoys drawing anthropomorphic characters. His art style is clean and although a few characters are buxom, they are never pornographic. He is also quick to point out that he draws many things outside of the realm of "furry art."
- Peter & Whitney, Retrieved Apr. 14, 2017.
- Jon Ponikvar on Twitter
- Jon Ponikvar (PeterAndCompany) at Fur Affinity
- Jon Ponikvar (for Peter and Company) at Patreon
- Jon Ponikvar (for Peter and Company) on Picarto
- Jon Ponikvar (PeterAndCompany) at DeviantArt
- The Inking Room: Web Demos and Tutorials in Traditional Cartooning by Jonathan and Whitney Ponikvar