|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Jim Groat, also known as Rabbi Tom and Krag Carbine (full real name James L. Groat), is a furry artist who lives in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. He had two children (who are sometimes referred to as the Groatlings) with former spouse Rebekah (whom he wedded at Confurence 1994).
Some of his earlier comics, in collaboration with fellow artist Richard Konkle, were published as far back as 1985, featuring the characters Red Shetland and Equine the Uncivilized, which were printed under his independent label GraphXPress. He has also done commercial art for others, including interior artwork for the GURPS version of Bunnies & Burrows.
Jim is known for being a caricaturist. In such furry zines such as Yarf, he would often publish his convention reports in comic book format. For a while during the conventions themselves, he made a tradition of destroying plush toy versions of Smurfs or of Barney the dinosaur, a practice that became known as a Groatish Mauling.
- Albany Anthrocon/Anthrocon - 1998, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Confurence - 1990
- FurFright - 2009, 2010
- Further Confusion - 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
- FWA - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Mephit Furmeet - 2009, 2010, 2012
- Midwest FurFest - 2010, 2011, 2012
- Rocket City FurMeet - 2004
|Title||Year released||Year produced||Company||Genre||Theme||Job/Role||Notes|
|Tombstone||1993||?||Hollywood Pictures||Feature film||Western||Actor, extra||Jim Groat played a patron at the Birdcage Theater: at 26:50 into the film, he is thrown out of his seat by one of the Red Sash gang.|
- One family finds treasure in campus' discarded items news segment on ABC WKOW. Retrieved August 25, 2010.
- Rabbi Tom in trouble! post on Macrophile.com. Retrieved on August 25, 2010.
- The Many Lost Toys of Jim Groat post on Vivisector's forum. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- The sound you're about to hear is a 52 year old, unskilled manchild... post on Vivisector's forum. Retrieved November 17, 2013.