|The use of time in this article lacks definition. Dates should be used instead of words like "today" and "currently".|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Motto: Beyond instant messaging
|Ran from/to||2004 - present|
IMVU is a graphical, 3D IM-style chat system.
Users use personalized 3D avatars and environments that lets them interact with any person on the person the service. It also allows users to develop and create 3D clothing, hair, pets, and scenes for other users to purchase. The client software, which is still in beta stage, supports Windows platforms only.
IMVU and furry
Although the basic IMVU avatar is human, the service allows users to design, develop, and distribute furry AV based characters and add-ons (tails, ears, etc.). IMVU has specifically marketed to the furry fandom, and continues to do so as of March 2009.
The site has furry-oriented groups.
- IMVU - one of the first advertisers to furries? - Furry Media LiveJournal post by GreenReaper, 16 October 2006
- IMVU's furry introduction page
- IMVU ads appearing on a Google search for "WikiFur" (27 February 2008):
- "Furries in 3D: Thousands of furries have found a home in 3D. Get your fur on, free"
- "express your inner furry: You are just two clicks away from your very own 3D furry avatar."
- "Fun 3D Furry Chat: Find fellow furry friends and make your own furry look! Sign up free"
- "Chat With Furries in 3D: Meet other furries for 3D chat and role-playing! Sign up free.
- IMVU announcement journal
|This article about an Internet topic is stub - can you it?|