Originally held annually around Halloween at the Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convention Centre from 2003-2006, it was then moved to the Compass Point Inn from 2008-2010, and has currently taken up residence at The Executive Hotel & Conference Centre. As more of a furry-themed event than a full-fledged convention, Howloween does not have a specific dealers den or art show, but there are many available tables and chairs in the event area which takes up two halls in the hotel. The event includes furry themed games, panels, competitions, entertainment, and dance with an all-ages target audience. An ongoing tradition of the event is an unofficial after-party involving Fursuit bowling at Revs Bowling Centre in Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Howloween 2002 began at the home of TJ_Wolf in Burnaby. About 10 people attended the house party, which featured modest events such as pizza and videos.
- Howloween 2003 was the first to be held in a formal hotel setting. It was originally planned to be held at the Burnaby Radisson Hotel, but was moved to the Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convention Centre, where it remained until Howloween 2006. The event was featured in the CBC Newsworld television program Culture Shock.
- Howloween 2004 was extended to two days and moved to the upstairs event area of the Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convention Centre. A fursuit of the new mascot - a pink Rabbit with a hockey mask and chainsaw - was introduced, and the pumpkin carving contest was also held for the first time.
- Howloween 2005 introduced the candy table, where furries pooled their money to buy a whole bunch of candy. Attendees who pre-registered this year began receiving a Howloween T-shirt with their membership.
- Howloween 2006 was once again held at the Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convention Centre. The room block was increased and the convention space was expanded to two halls. Total paid attendence surpassed the record of the previous year with 119 registered furries. This increase is believed to be a result of the cancellation of Conifur Northwest 2006.
- Howloween 2007 was officially cancelled, but a party in lieu was held at Aphinity's house with over 60 people in attendance.
- Howloween 2008 was organized by Aphinity, and held at the Compass Point Inn in Surrey, where it remained until Howloween 2010. The event registered 160 furries.
- Howloween 2009 was organized by Aphinity, and held at the Compass Point Inn in Surrey, on Saturday, November 7th.
- Howloween 2010 was organized by Aphinity, and held at the Compass Point Inn in Surrey on Saturday, November 6th. The event registered 151 furries.
- Howloween 2011 was organized by Aphinity. The event was moved to it’s current address at The Executive Hotel & Conference Centre in Burnaby, which was also to be the site of VancouFur four months later. It was also expanded to two days, occurring over the weekend of November 5th-6th. The event registered 182 furries.
- Howloween 2012 was organized by Aphinity. The event was again held at The Executive Hotel & Conference Centre in Burnaby, British Columbia, Burnaby. Howloween's event schedule returned to a single-day format on Nov 10th.
- Howloween 2013 is being organized by Aphinity and will be held at The Executive Hotel & Conference Centre in Burnaby, British Columbia. The theme will be Alien Abduction.
- ↑ Culture Shock on CBC (from Timduru's The Fursuit Archive)
- ↑ [ http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4361684/ Post on the VancouFur account on Fur Affinity. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
 See also
- Furloween - a similarly Halloween-themed convention in Florida, USA.
- Howloween official website
- Howloween forum at furry.ca
- Howloween forum at BC Furry Community Board
- The Executive Hotel & Conference Centre
- Compass Point Inn (Google map)
- Best Western Coquitlam Inn & Convention Centre (Yahoo! map)
- Photos, videos, reports: Howloween resources
|British Columbia and Vancouver Island|