From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
A hexaped is any type of furry character with exactly three pairs of the following, in any combination:
- walking limbs (legs)
- limbs that are modified from walking limbs (arms, which in nonmorphic species are equivalent to legs; also the wings of birds and bats, which are evolutionary modifications of forelegs)
Tails are not counted as limbs, even if prehensile, and non-skeletal wings are not counted. Any of the following would be considered a hexaped:
- A taur or chakat (four legs, two arms);
- A pegasus (four legs, two bird wings), or any other winged version of a normally non-flying species with four limbs;
- A bat, bird, dragon, or gryphon character who has both a set of arms and a set of wings;
- A non-taur pede character with three pairs of legs;
- An insect character, such as Herethroy from World Tree. (Insect wings are non-skeletal.)