Heat is a periodic publication in magazine form by Sofawolf Press dedicated to high-quality erotic furry fiction. Art is secondary to the fiction, often serving only as illustrations, though comics also feature. The first issue was published in 2004. Typically Heat is published once a year; the seventh volume was released at Anthrocon 2010.
 Issue #1
- Release date: January 2004
- Pages: 38
- Cover art: Derrick Dasenbrock
- Contents: Pearl story by Lars Hellberg & illustrated by Ayame Emaya, Might I Suggest... graphic commentary by Malin, Government Issue story by Renee Carter Hall & illustrated by Aura Moser, The Quandary poetry by Marrok Alexander Wolf & illustrated by Cara Mitten, ClosetCoon comic by Leaf Dog (credited as Jeff Kun), The Prisoner's Release part 1 story by Kyell Gold & illustrated by Taurin Fox.
 Issue #4
- Release date: July 2007
- Pages: 76
- Cover art: Fluke (front) & Blotch (back)
- Contents: Loudly, the Maid story by Alex Vance & illustrations by Sara Miles (credited as "Sara Palmer"), Chance: Happenstanced comic by Blotch, First Taste story by Rechan & illustrations by Fel, Nothing Else by AlumaSquirrel, The Last Coyote Story by Jonas, Motion of the Ocean comic by Fluke and Don't Blink story by Kyell Gold & illustrated by Cooner.
 Issue #5
- Release date: June 2008
- Pages: 81
- Cover art: oCeLoT (front) & CandyJack/Bonez (back)
- Contents: Two Rivers story by Renee Carter Hall & illustrations by Heather Bruton, Wet Dog poem by Sheela Ardrian & illustrations by TaniDaReal, Love's Dance comic by Moonstalker, Just Another Saturday story by Rechan & illustrations by Autumn Sunrise, First Time for Everything comic by Blotch, Beastiality poem by Sheela Ardrian & illustrations by SOLIDASP, Third Date story by Kyell Gold & illustrations by Richard Foley, Property comic by Arthur Husky, Candy and Music story by K.M. Hirosaki & illustrations by Black Teagan
 Issue #6
- Release date: July 2009
- Pages: 93
- Cover art: Heather Bruton
- Contents: Prehistoric story by Tym & illustrations by Foxfeather R. Zenkova, Sated poem by Frost wolf & illustrations by Blotch, At a Glance story by Rechan & illustrations by Heather Bruton, Double Reward comic by TaniDaReal, Talk With Your Mouth Full story by Kyell Gold & illustrations by Chibi-Marrow, Sugar Sweet comic by Yuki, Song of the Spouse poem & illustrations by Fluke, Learning to Live story by Khaz & illustrations by Corgi, Kisses comic by Angie Kae, Dick & Jane story by foozzzball & illustrations by Autumn Sunrise, Vigil poem by Ekulf & illustrations by Kamui
 Issue #7
- Release date: June 2010
- Pages: 109
- Cover art: Talenshi (front) & Yuki (back)
- Contents: By a Nose story by Tony Greyfox & illustrations by Yuki, A Werewolf's Last Warning poem by Wu Wei & illustrations by SOLIDASP, The Day I Met You comic by Corgi, One Night story by Faora Meridian & illustrations by Dark Natasha, The One That Got Away comic by Adam Wan, A Taste of the Wild story by Kandrel & illustrations by Negger, Odd Coupling comic by Rukis, Dickinsonian poem by White Yoté & illustrations by Dragondrawer, Code Drop story by Tempe O'Kun & illustrations by Jailbird
 Issue #8
- Release date: June 2011
- Pages: 106
- Cover art: Kamui
- Contents: A Hard Semester story by Miqmah & illustrations by Rarakie, Short Film comic by Tempe O'Kun & Keovi, Bus Stop story by Opaline S. Fox & illustrations by ShinigamiGirl, A Storm to Remember poem by Cody Denton & illustrations by Leucrotta, Jill's 49th story by foozzzball & illustrations by Tsaiwolf, At Spearpoint comic by Black Teagan, Stagnated story by K.M. Hirosaki & illustrations by Arthur Husky, One Is Silver comic by Keto & Kashra, The Wallet Story story by Kyell Gold & illustrations by AmonOmega, Mutts: A Warning poem by Spretz & illustrations by Fluke
 Issue #9
- Release date: June 2012
- Pages: 90
- Cover art: Racoonwolf (front) & Scappo (back)
- Contents: Better story by Kandrel & illustrated by Scappo, Love Learn poem by Camron Cuccu & illustrated by Vantid, Two Minutes story by Whyte Yoté & illustrated by Alastair Wildfire, A Weapon comic written by Kobal & illustrated by Negger, Bad Timing story by Huskyteer & illustrated by Cara Mitten, Rewind story by Kyell Gold & illustrated by Nimrais, Stupid comic by RayFkm, The Prisoner story by Tempe O'Kun (credited as Tempo) & illustrated by Blotch and True Color story by Khaz & illustrated by Tush.
- ↑ Heat #1 in FurPlanet online shop. Retrieved 2012 March 16.
- ↑ It's Anthrocon Time of Year! 2010 May 31 post to Sofawolf Press LiveJournal. Retrieved 2010 October 4.
- ↑ Heat #5, ed. Alopex, (Sofawolf Press, 2008)
- ↑ Heat #6, ed. Alopex, (Sofawolf Press, 2009)
- ↑ Heat #7, ed. Alopex, (Sofawolf Press, 2010)
- ↑ Heat #8, ed. Alopex, (Sofawolf Press, 2011)
|This entry about a printed publication is a stub - can you it?|
|Ursa Major Awards winners|
Anthrolations · Best in Show · Nordguard · Dog's Days of Summer · Game of Kings · Heat · HistoriMorphs · New Fables · Why Coyotes Howl