Harbour City Fur Con
|This article may be out of date and in need of updating to include more recent information.|
For specifics, check the edit history and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Harbour City Fur Con is a furry convention held in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The convention took place over July 21-23, 2017, at the Vibe Hotel Sydney.
Another convention was planned for 2018 with the theme 'Neo-Tokyo', to be held at the same location over July 27-29, 2018.
The third event took place between July 26-28, 2019, with the theme 'Space Dreams', at the The Sydney Boulevard Hotel.
The convention theme in 2017 was "Vaporwave", which was explained on the convention website as
|a nostalgic fascination with retro cultural aesthetics from the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s. This covers video games, technology, postmodern Japanese culture, advertising and lounge, smooth jazz and elevator music.|
The multi-national guests of honour were announced as Aycee (USA), Tacklebox (Canada), and Sparky Can Do! (New Zealand). Events included:
- Art and discussion panels
- "lowercase" event with two hours of free drinks for all attendees and DJs playing music
- Dealers den
- D-I-Y workshops
- Fursuit photoshoot at the rooftop
- Fursuit walk to Hyde Park
- Meet-and-greet drinks at the Curve Café
- Party Floor
- Videogaming tournaments and VR setups
CBRFUR Pty Ltd registered the business name Harbour City Fur Con from 28 July 2016 to 7 December 2017, and CBRFUR is noted as the copyright holder of furcon.com.au, which hosts both events.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Harbour City Fur Con website. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- ↑ Location on the Harbour City Fur Con website. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- ↑ Historical Details for ABN 13 603 344 529. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- Harbour City Fur Con official website
- Harbour City Fur Con on Facebook
- Harbour City Fur Con on Twitter
- HCFC 2018 photos by Canid Wolf