Happy Tree Friends
|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Happy Tree Friends is a graphic animated series of internet cartoons, produced using Macromedia Flash by Mondo Mini Shows, from creators Rhode Montijo and Kenn Navarro. The series features cute forest animals frequently encountering bloody and violent deaths portrayed in a comedic light.
- Cuddles: A huggable yellow Rabbit, who always wears pink bunny slippers. He can be very mischievous and is frequently seen doing extreme stunts or sports for fun (which tend to lead to his violent demises). He Loves the color pink,
even though he is of the male gender. He seems to be a love interest amongst some of the girls named Giggles.
- Giggles: A cutesy pink Chipmunk, who loves to do young girls' activities like running a lemonade stand. She always wears a red bow on her head, is best friends with Petunia the skunk, and is in love with Cuddles the yellow rabbit. She is also an environmentalist.
- Toothy: A light-purple, freckle-faced Beaver, who has two very large teeth. He tends to act before he thinks and is best friends with Cuddles the bunny, oftentimes getting killed alongside him. On an interesting note, he is the one character that frequently suffers from art goof-ups such as missing tails, "magically" reappeared ears, and several other inconsistencies.
- Lumpy: A blue Moose with an upside-down antler, he is very nice, but also very stupid. He is the tallest of all the others and not as cute-looking (lacking a heart-shaped nose, three-apples-tall proportions, etc.) and because of this, he's considered to be the odd-man-out. He is frequently playing the role of supervisor/scout leader/adult supervision, though he frequently messes up the jobs to lethal degrees.
- Petunia: An indigo Skunk with a flower on her head. She is conscious of the fact that she is a skunk, she always wears a pine-scent car-air freshener around her neck to cover up the smell. The small flower on her head may also be for this purpose, and she may or may not use perfume, but she is shown to be OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) as seen in "Wishy Washy" where she frequently showers, cleans her house, panics at the slightest mess and has every single thing in her home in uniform order, even to where the labels face. She has used her musk in 2 episodes (one was a movie). She has a big crush on Handy the do-it-yourself-beaver. He's just Petunia's boyfriend.
- Sniffles: A gray-bluish Anteater, who, like all other anteaters, loves eating ants. When he tries to eat the ants, however, they always kill him in sadistic manners to stop him from eating them. Sniffles is very nerdy, but is also very smart as seen by his ability to fix, improve and create technology like a time machine (though everything he seems to fix, make or improve goes horribly wrong soon after). He is commonly seen carrying books around. He wears glasses and has three pens in a pocket protector somehow attached to his fur.
- Handy: An orange handyman beaver who is always there to lend a helping hand, if he had any! He wears a worker's helmet and belt filled with tools which he manages to use (off-screen) to build the various structures he is shown to have built (how he built it, however, is never explained) with his bandaged covered amputated arms, though, for some reason, whenever his is on screen he can never seem to use the tools again as he did off screen.
- Flaky: A female red porcupine, who has a very bad case of dandruff, thus the name. Flaky is considered to be one of the cutest Happy Tree Friends characters, due to her sweet voice and timid nature. Usually she is mistaken by fans as a coward, but recent acts of bravery have proven that she is not. She's more different than Petunia, Lammy and Giggles, because she doesn't have eyelashes. In the series which bear character she has chosen Disco Bear or Flippy. It's Flippy. Her favorite color is green. She likes it.
Flaky and Flippy are just a perfect couple.
- Nutty: A rabid, green Squirrel with a lazy eye, who is very addicted to candy to the point wherein most of what he does is related to candy such as his wardrobe, bed (hundreds of empty wrappers), coffee (Jelly Beans instead of Coffee beans), etc. He constantly has cravings for sugary things, and will try to get some any chance he gets, in any way no matter how dangerous. He loves all candy, and sometimes has delusions like in "Stealing the Spotlight", when he started gnawing on some Christmas lights, thinking they were sweets.
- Flippy: A green bear, a veteran of war, who has Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder. He had a very hard time in the wars he was in, (some fans believe it was the Vietnam war, but Kenn Navaro has said that Flippy was involved in many) and when certain things remind him of his days, he "flips out" and kills other characters out of stress in various creative, but gruesome ways while being disillusioned that they are the enemies who had tortured him several years ago. He is the single most popular character (and possibly the most overrated character), possibly because of this. He's based on John Rambo. Also, he likes chocolate chip cookies.
- The Mole: A blind, pink Mole, who likes to wear purple turtlenecks shirts. Even though he is incapable of sight, he ironically avoids most fates. He loves plushies, and is a spy agent though he usually manages to switch up the items he is supposed to bring because of his being blind.
- Mime: A purple Deer, who is a mime. He likes bringing sick children joy (and death, by accident), and eating peanuts. He can do many entertaining things, such as miming, making balloon animals, riding a unicycle, and doing "invisible acts", though they almost always have a violent twist mid-way through the performance.
- Russel: A turquoise Sea Otter pirate. His vocabulary seems to be extremely low, as he only seems to say 'Yarr' (usually pronounced "Yee-arrr"). He is a more laid-back pirate, as he prefers to spend his time fishing, eating clams, etc. He doesn't appear in much episodes, unfortunately.
- Disco Bear: An orange bear, who loves dancing to disco music. He likes (the HTF-girls) Flaky, Petunia and Giggles, but they all like Cuddles, Handy and Flippy, more than this flirtatious bear. He's a ladies man, but his all three girlfriends hate him. He dislikes Lammy the ewe. It seems like she's really gay. He will say "Oh Yeah!", because his voice is deepest. He isn't fond of Cuddles, Handy and Flippy (the HTF-boys) that girls have got. He loves the 70's model. He has a big afro. He eats fatty foods and gains weight all the time. Disco Bear is the nicest character in the series.
- Splendid: A blue, superhero flying squirrel, who's attempts at saving others always go violently awkward. When flying, his large tail seems to work as a superhero's cape, whooshing behind him. He has many powers, such as laser beam eyes and the ability to turn back time. Splendid is commonly seen doing household chores. His hobbies include cross-stitching and cooking.
- Lifty and Shifty: Two green, kleptomaniac (obsessed with stealing) raccoon brothers, who share the same personality and markings, the only difference being the fact that Shifty wears a fedora and is obviously the leader of the two. They might be identical twins.
- Pop and Cub: A father and son pair, both of the bear species, and with fur colored natural brown. Pop loves his son, Cub, and frequently shows care for him (and horror whenever he is killed), but is very irresponsible in caring for him like leaving him to his own devices, answering the phone when he is in the tub still filling up with water, not examining the new source of orange "grass", etc. Pop is always seen with a maroon colored bathrobe, a similarly colored hat to go with it, and a smoking pipe. Cub is helpless but an innocent baby, who tends to wander and do dangerous things, blissfully unaware of the danger like all babies/cubs are. He, like other young bears, is still learning about the world around him, and is very curious, frequently examining and playing with things he shouldn't which usually ends in two ways: one, he gets killed by his curiosity, or two, he avoids death but Pop manages to accidentally kill him. Cub's Mother/Pop's Wife is absent from the family, though the two of them mourning over a grave in one episode might imply that he is a widower.
- Cro-Marmot: A green, prehistoric marmot, encased in a cube of ice. Despite being completely frozen, he is capable to do many things, such as throwing snowballs, serving ice cream, playing an expert guitar riff, etc. (off screen). Kenn Navaro, creator of the show, has confirmed that he is an ancient species of marmot (a kind of rodent that lives near mountains) which is able to be trapped in ice (marmota antiquus, respectively.) He is considered by many fans to be the most boring character in the show, though some disagree.
- Lammy: A lavender sheep with wooly white hair and tail fur, who wears a wooly white sweater. Her best friend is a green pickle who wears a top hat and has a moustache named Mr. Pickles who, at least in her mind, is alive. Lammy seems to be a happy, cheerful girly character, with a personality mostly similar to Giggles and Petunia, as she enjoys playing with dolls and having tea parties. Mr. Pickles, however, enjoys causing mischief and grief for characters around them, even killing them. Lammy tries to stop Mr. Pickles from causing his trouble, only to be made to look as though she is doing the actions herself. When she tries to claim that Mr. Pickles is the cause of the misfortunes, he appears to be just an idle pickle. She is also the brand, new, Happy Tree Friend character.