|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Furstock – a yearly event for furries in Poland. It is not a convention in the classical sense of the term, however due to its amount of attendees (more than 35 in 2008) and length (3 - 7 days) it is closer in form to a Convention than a Furmeet. Furstock occurs every year during the weekend dividing July and August, in Kostrzyn nad Odrą during the largest open-air music festival in Europe named Przystanek Woodstock.
Furstock escapes from the classical nature of conventions with its laid back, unorganised character. It is a meeting in the form of a campsite, without registration, fees, a programme of events or defined organisers. The convention takes place on the terrain of the music festival and its participants are also participants of the music festival itself, and take advantage of its facilities such as running water, medical huts, 'woodstock trains' and fast-food stands – and also take part in the parties and attractions taking place as part of the music festival.
Traditionally, Furstock takes place under the Polfurs flag. The tents of the participants are arranged in a circle, creating a mini colony in the centre of which which the tenants take part in various invented 'ad-hoc' attractions and games. Despite the lack of an official events programme, many events typical of conventions take place - drawing workshops, RPG game sessions, themed group discussions, shows - such as poi-poi juggling, use of Nunchuks, but also some completely spontaneous things such as group howling to the moon, 1001 jokes in the manner of "Your mom so...", or a discussion on the topic of "Religion and Anthropomorphism" with a Catholic priest invited from the Przystanek Jezus group.
|Title||Date||Number of attendees||Localization||More information|
|Furstock 2005||5 and 6 August 2005||ca. 6||Kostrzyn nad Odrą|
|Furstock 2006||28 and 29 July 2006||ca. 12||Kostrzyn nad Odrą||The idea of naming the congregation of furries at the festival began to circulate.|
|Furstock 2007||3 and 4 August 2007||ca. 26||Kostrzyn nad Odrą||The largest Furry meeting in Poland at the time.|
|Furstock 2008||1 – 3 August 2008||ca. 40||Kostrzyn nad Odrą||Another record (though it was soon beaten by Futrzakon 2008), the more persistent attendees stayed for 5 days.|
|Furstock 2009||31 July – 2 August 2009||ca. 45||Kostrzyn nad Odrą||The camp, unlike the years before, wasn't placed on the Woodstock field near the water taps, but moved near the Krishna's Peace Village after original location was claimed for motorists camp.|
|Furstock 2010||30 July – 1 August 2010||ca. 40||Kostrzyn nad Odrą|
|Furstock 2011||4 – 6 August 2011||ca. 40||Kostrzyn nad Odrą|
|Furstock 2012||2 – 4 August 2012||ca. 40||Kostrzyn nad Odrą||Fandom MLP, which had ca. 30 people, joined the camp.|
|Furstock 2013||1 – 3 August 2013||ca. 45||Kostrzyn nad Odrą|
|Furstock 2014||31 July – 2 August 2014||Kostrzyn nad Odrą|
The provided attendance counts are approximate, because nobody makes an official headcount, and many furries arrive with Mundane friends, whom it is difficult to determine as either actual Furstock attendees or just Woodstock attendees resident at the Furstock camp.
- Thanks to the technical interests of the attendees, the Furstock camp is one of the best technically equipped camps at the festival. The campers have power generators, several laptops and cellphones with internet access, palmtops, halogen floodlighting, a cooker, refrigerator and other equipment not usually available in primitive campsite conditions.
- Since there is always someone at camp, no reported incidents of theft have occurred, that usually plague the Przystanek Woodstock music festival.
- The traditional identifying symbol of the Furstock campsite is the large yellow airblown advertisement balloon located at the centre of the site, that shelters the attendees from severe sunshine or drizzle.
- The Polfurs flag that flies at the campsite is 'nomadic', in that it is entrusted to a different attendee each year to take care of it until the next year's Furstock.
- Polfurs@DeviantART (in Polish) – The Polish furry community at DeviantART, where the majority of information about Furstock is available.
- This date is date of Przystanek Woodstock