|Server||furscape.servegame.com, port 2001|
|Ran from/to||June 1999 - present|
Furscape is a role-playing MUCK that is set 200 years from today in an original science fiction universe. Few humans exist anymore and the Earth is uninhabitable. The population consists of recoms (post-humans engineered with animal genes) and a few alien species (including kirru and irbis) spread over the varied colonies. There is neither beam-me-up nor magical grav plating, but FTL jumpgates carry traders, tourists, and rogues between star systems.
The players are currently few in number but dedicated to balancing hard sci-fi with entertaining space opera.
- Luna - A generally clean and orderly place with a tolerant culture and pleasantly low gravity
- Mars - Political-military-industrial complex? Surely you're joking. We simply prefer to be prepared.
- Mathilde - The asteroid's locals are a bit clannish and funny-looking, but they sure can do wonders with metal. Also... zero gravity!
- Oceania - Respectable major university? Check. Tourism in the tropics and shiny undersea habitats? Check. Orbital Vegas? Check.
- Annyrion - Two nations with a Libertarian streak, one with suburbs and rule of law, one with agriculture and the Wild West (or south, rather)
- Planet Amazon - A habitable moon of mostly pristine wilderness... rather optimistically named
- Jalan - No guns, taxes, or rules- a natural paradise. Unfortunately, in nature, one can get eaten.
- Earth - The remaining combat nanites are getting lonely. They'd love for you to visit them...
- Hagalaz - Headwizard, enforcer of reason, wiki writer
- Zobeid - Headwizard, system operator, website operator, MUF coder, bill payer
- Devik - Technology advisor
- Flame - Building wizard, writer of news and current events
- Tsye - Roleplay wizard and theme developer
- Orion - General help, MPI
- Abiri - Character creation helper, wiki fixes
Behind the scenes