|It has been suggested that this item be split into multiple articles.|
Please check the talk page discussion before making substantial changes.
The Furry Cruise is an event involving furries booking as a group on a cruise ship. It takes place on an annual basis, and started in 2005. Many take fursuits and entertain themselves and the other cruise members. It is only one of two furry conventions/meets where most (if not all) of the activities take place in a sailing ship rather than on land (the other being RBW).
As of February 2016, the Furry Cruise website states
|join us on the 2016 furry cruise!
This year's voyage takes us out of the port of Miami, Florida on November 5th on the newest ship in Norwegian's fleet: the Norwegian Escape.
The 1st Furry Cruise, December 5-10, 2005, set sail out of Miami, Florida via Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines' Majesty of the Seas. 37 furs took part in the tour, planned by LatinVixen, which stopped at Nassau, in The Bahamas; and Key West, Florida. A scheduled visit to Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private paradise on Little Stirrup Cay (also in The Bahamas), was canceled due to rough swells at the time of arrival.
The 2nd Furry Cruise, December 3-9, 2006, set sail out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida via Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas. 18 furs took part in the tour, which included stops at Key West; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Cayman Islands; and Montego Bay, Jamaica. WildWolf placed second in the ship's costume contest, losing only to a (non-fursuit) woman in a "cheap skimpy pirate outfit."
The 3rd Furry Cruise set for December 2-9, 2007, with the destination to the Mexican Riviera in mind, was canceled due to a lack of commitment. A discussion was opened to draft an alternative itinerary, but was not ultimately successful.
The next years Furry cruise, dubbed the 3rd Furry Cruise (ignoring last years cancellation) was held on December 1-5, 2008 and sailed to the Bahamas. The ship, Monarch of the Seas, departed from Port Canaveral, Florida and included stops at Little Stirrup Cay ("Coco Cay") and Nassau. 15 people attended.
The 4th Furry Cruise was held on December 5-10, 2009, with 14 attendees. Cruisers traveled on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas out of Miami on a five-night cruise with stops at Labadee, Haiti, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
The 5th Furry Cruise was held over December 4-9, 2010, with 14 attendees.
The 6th Furry Cruise was held December 5-10, 2011, with 24 attendees on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas, sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The 9th Furry Cruise was for November 9-16, 2014, aboard the Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Sun. Departing Tampa, Florida, the cruise will visit Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; and Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico, before returning to Tampa. A total of 17 were in the group.
The 10th Furry Cruise took place over November 16-22, 2015, aboard the Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Getaway. The cruise departed Miami, Florida, and visited Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman Island; and Cozumel, Mexico, before returning to Miami.
The 11th Furry Cruise will take place over November 6-12, 2016, aboard the Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Getaway. The cruise departs Miami, Florida, and visits Belize City, Belize, Roatan, Honduras, Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico before returning to Miami.
- http://www.furrycruise.com/ Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Furry Cruise 2006 Post Report by WildWolf on the Furry Cruise LiveJournal community
- Furry Cruise for 2007 is on hold by Zotcoon on the Furry Cruise LiveJournal community
- Furry Cruise 2008 Complete Information - Banshee, (7 May 2008)
- Furry Cruise 2009 Announcement
- Furry Cruise Update and Booking (September 2012)
- 2013 Dates on the Furry Cruise website. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Furry Cruise website. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Fury Cruise 2014 Itinerary on the Furry Cruise website. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- Furry Cruise website. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- Furry Cruise (2015) website. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- 2015 Itinerary on the Furry Cruise website]. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Furry Cruise (2016) website. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- 2016 Itinerary on the Furry Cruise website]. Retrieved May 25, 2016.