Furry Kama Sutra
Furry Kama Sutra is a video project by photographer Michael Cogliantry. The project consists of three short video clips, each featuring various fursuited characters interviewed in the style of a slice-of-life documentary. The title alludes to the fact that each episode features a brief sex scene.
Released in Winter, 2006, Furry Kama Sutra was Cogliantry's first video project. It was shot in and around Las Vegas (including 10 hotels) over 4 days, and utilized some twenty fursuits (though most did not appear in the final clips).
Furry Kama Sutra received an Honorable Mention in the IPA 2006 Photographer of the Year Competition, and was released as a collectible fur-covered book/dvd set.
In 2008, from May 2 to June 1, there is a Furry Kama Sutra art show at Nemo Design in Portland, Oregon, USA. A furry attend the launch party and estimated there were 100 attendees.
- Episode 1: A Warm Place. A married couple - a male Bear and a female rabbit - argue about their unemployed and underachieving son (a dog). They also consider what to put on their holiday card, and the invitation to their housewarming party.
- Episode 2: Lucky In Las Vegas. A French-accented frog talks poetically about her travels across the world, and how she finally arrived in Las Vegas.
- Episode 3: A Big Beak Every Week. Louis, an awkward, geeky penguin, has a slight problem. He's thirty-four, and still single. And a virgin. Giving it one last shot, he travels cross-country to Las Vegas to meet up with a seal girl he contacted through a singles' ad. Little does he know what she has in store for him...
A trailer for the series also exists, featuring the legend:
- what if there was a place
- where you could be anything
- where love was all that mattered
- welcome to the secret world of furry
- this winter
- witness the incredible true story
The trailer includes shots from the three episodes that were not used in the final cuts, as well as footage of the characters that were eventually dropped.
- ↑ http://photoawards.com/06/contests/2006honors.asp
- ↑ Michael Cogliantry website, book section, furry kama sutra book (URL shows michaelcogliantry.com intro image for about ten seconds and then shows book page.) Retried 2008 May 1.
- ↑ Nemo Art Show First Friday. April 25, 2008 post by heatherhanrahan to Nemo Design's blog. Retrieved 2008 May 27.
- ↑ untitled comment. 2008 May 7 reply by Balthazar to "The Furry Karma Sutra art show, Portland, May 2nd." post to furrymedia LiveJournal community. Retrieved 2008 May 27.
- www.furrykamasutra.com (domain expired); archived at the Wayback Machine (not much there, just some text)
- www.michaelcogliantry.com (cybersquatted) Michael Cogliantry's homepage (included pictures of the unused fursuits.)
- Furry Kama Sutra portfolio (at viisualpro.com), archived at Wayback Machine 2009 April 20 (10 thumbnails)
- Michael Cogliantry: A commercial photographer blows off steam by shooting Furverts. interview published May 19, 2009 in Willamette Week. Archived at Wayback Machine and archive.today. (archive versions have FKS image, live version no longer has FKS image)
- Naughty Animal Snapshots (UPDATE) : Furry Kama Sutra by Michael Cogliantry at TrendHunter.com with ten FKS photos (piece by Michael Hemsworth)