Furry Hall of Fame
The Furry Hall of Fame was an annual award intended to honor the contributing members of the world-wide furry fandom community, who are inducted for their loyalty, contributions and undying commitment to furthering the fandom culture internationally.
Potential Hall of Fame inductees were discussed and decided upon annually by the past awardees. A unanimous decision had to be reached in order for someone to be inducted.
The Furry Hall of Fame was conceived by CynWolfe in 2008; the first induction was held that year at MiDFur X. At that time it was awarded by AUSFA, although as that was abandoned in 2010 it was taken on by Australian Furry Conventions and subsequently held at ConFurgence.
The last award appears to have been made at ConFurgence 2015 (for the Class of 2014). It is unclear why there were no future awards.
Each subsequent year has seen new additions:
- Class of 2008: Goldfur Chakat and Anthrocon (presented to Uncle Kage)
- Class of 2009: 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Paul Kidd
- Class of 2010: Stan Sakai, Big Blue Fox, Jenner and CynWolfe[notes 1]
- Class of 2011: Fred Patten
- Class of 2012: Sofawolf Press (Tim Susman and Jeff Eddy) and Steve Gallacci
- Class of 2013: Dark Natasha and Uncle Kage
- Class of 2014: Alector Fencer and EZwolf
- Furry Hall Of Fame - MiDFur 13 event registry. Posted January 7, 2011. Retrieved ?.
- "Extremely honoured to be inducted into Furry Hall of Fame by @MiDFur. A testament to our amazing community. #mf2012" (with picture of award) - Sofawolf Press, Twitter (4 December 2012)
- Sofawolf Press Hall of Fame Induction - Sofawolf Press, LiveJournal (5 December 2012)
- "We are pleased to announce the 2013 Furry Hall of Fame inductee, Dark Natasha!". Furry Hall of Fame announcement on Facebook. Posted November 2, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Class of 2013 - Furry Hall of Fame, Facebook
- Photo of Alector Fencer being awarded entry - ConFurgence, Twitter (18 January 2015)
- Photo of EZwolf being awarded entry - ConFurgence, Twitter (18 January 2015)
- CynWolfe's induction was done without his knowledge, unanimously agreed to by all the Hall Of Fame inductees at the time, and instigated by Jenner. CynWolfe's reluctance to accept the award was later discussed, as it was pointed out to him that he is the First Chairman of a Furry Convention & Chairman of the largest Fur Con in the Southern Hemisphere.