|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
#furry is one of the primary channels of the Anthrochat IRC network. Chats in this channel can range across a wide variety of subtopics within the broader genre of anthropomorphic animals.
While #furry doesn't have any absolute rules per se, there are certain guidelines for good behavior, and those who don't follow them are likely to get kicked or banned.
- When entering #furry for the first time, it's recommended that you take a few minutes and listen to the patterns of conversation. Chats in this channel are often multi-threaded and can sometimes segue unexpectedly between various topics, and it's best to take the time to observe what is acceptable before speaking up.
- It's best not to take oneself or others too seriously in this channel. Drama is frowned upon. If you have a complaint against someone in the channel in particular, you are encouraged to resolve it via private messaging.
- Any political (or otherwise loudly espoused) viewpoint expressed in the channel is subject to scrutiny and sarcasm.
- Many participants of #furry have been involved in fandom for a long time, and as such do not tolerate childish or newbie behavior. Respect the greater rules of general etiquette when in #furry.
- If kicked, do not immediately storm back into channel and make a fuss. Please message the moderator that kicked you and discuss it civilly if you want to be let back in.
- Proper punctuation, grammar, syntax and spelling is important in this channel. The occasional bit of furry jargon is tolerated; excessive netspeak will likely get you kicked.
- Remember that the ops reserve the right to deny access to any person at any time with or without notice, reason, or justification.
- Direct IRC link
- #furry channel (on AnthroChat) statistics on irc.netsplit.de
- Anthrochat #furry charter, of sorts
|This article about a chat room or network is a stub - can you it?|