Furry 4 Life
|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Furry 4 Life|
"A network for people who identify as furries and live the lifestyle"
|Author(s)||Owners: Shy Matsi Lupine|
|Launch date||2008 August|
|Genre||Social network service|
Furry 4 Life, also known as F4L, is a furry-themed G-rated social networking site created by Shy Matsi Lupine, aimed at furry lifestylers. Furry 4 Life has a sister site, the Furries Xtreme social networking site, that is adult-rated.
Shy started the site in August of 2008. Furry 4 Life was built using Ning, a service that allows one to create their own social networking site. As of August 2011, Furry 4 Life has just over 12,000 members and over 2,650 communities/groups.
Features and services
Furry 4 Life features several different components, including:
- The ability to create your own page, similar to MySpace or MyFursona
- An integrated chat room
- An instant messaging feature
- An events page, which lists upcoming conventions or meets
- An image gallery
- A video gallery of user-uploaded content, similar to YouTube
- A forum
- A Groups feature, in which users can join or create groups such as Music Furs, West Coast Furs, Furry Space Pirates, and more
- A Gadgets page, which features games users can play
- Open Social Applications that users can embed into their profile such as BuddyPoke
|This article about an Internet topic is stub - can you it?|