Furp was killed on the night of February 18, 2009 while riding his motorcycle near his work at the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps base in California.  Initial reports indicated a drunk marine was involved; there was some uncertainty later, but police reports confirmed the initial assessment. In January 2010, the driver - Jason Robert Reyna - changed his plea to guilty and was sentenced on February 26, 2010 to six months house arrest, three years probation, and lifetime loss of driving privledges.
A memorial community was set up at , which was later noted in a story on his death by the Hi-Desert Star, a local community newspaper.
|This stub about a person could be .|
- ↑ LiveJournal profile page
- ↑ Comment on A tragic loss - Uncle Kage, Anthrocon forums (February 19, 2009)
- ↑ It's time to go OMGWHEEEEE! - (12 August 2007)
- ↑ A little about Pat / Furp - Seven, (21 February 2009)
- ↑ Unbearable news - (February 19, 2009)
- ↑ Motorcyclist killed in Twentynine Palms crash - News 24/7 - Inland Empire & Inland Valley Breaking News 24/7 (February 19, 2009)
- ↑ A tragic loss - Uncle Kage, Anthrocon forums (19 February 2009)
- ↑ Police Report - Skye Bluedeer (13 April 2009)
- ↑ Driver changes plea to guilty in Furp case - GreenReaper, Flayrah (16 January 2010)
- ↑ Sentencing and Lessons Learned - on remember_furp Community]
- ↑ Veteran killed in accident - Hi-Desert Star (21 February 2009)