|First iteration||March 9, 2014|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: Furboliche resources|
Furboliche is a furry bowling and an annual event (sometimes held twice a year) in São Paulo, Brazil and in other cities of São Paulo state, Brazil. Furboliche is considered the biggest furry event in Latin America and the second biggest furry bowling event in the world, in terms of attendance.
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Staff
- 4 Pictures/Video
- 4.1 Furboliche 1
- 4.2 Furboliche 2
- 4.3 Furboliche 3
- 4.4 Furboliche Vacation Edition - Santos 2015
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The event was created by a group of furries (most of them fursuiters) who thought that few events would be held in São Paulo area during the first half of 2014, specially in places where fursuiting is likely. There was also the desire to accomplish something similar to events held in bowling alleys in the United States and/or abroad.
|Order||Name/Theme||Year||Date||Attendees||Fursuits (Official picture)||Location|
|1||Furboliche 1||2014||March, 9th||65||15||Boliche Pysta 10, Central Plaza Shopping - São Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|2||Furboliche 2||2014||September, 6th||95||24||Boliche Pysta 10, Central Plaza Shopping - São Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|3||Furboliche 3||2015||February, 21st||149||36||Boliche Pysta 10, Central Plaza Shopping - São Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|x||Furboliche Vacation Edition - Santos 2015||2015||July, 4th||85||22||Boliche Rei do Strike - Santos, SP, Brazil|
|4||Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry||2015||October, 31st||248||61||Bomboliche Extra Anchieta - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|5||Furboliche 5 - Heroes & Villains||2016||February, 13th||261||62||Bomboliche Extra Anchieta - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|6||Furboliche 6 - Back to the '90s||2016||December, 3rd||197||44||Bomboliche Extra Anchieta - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|7||Furboliche 7 - Pirates of the 7 Seas||2017||April, 29th||246||57||Bomboliche Extra Anchieta - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|8||Furboliche 8-Bit||2018||January, 20th||203||44||Bomboliche/Up! Trampolim Park - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|9||Furboliche 9 - Furry Carnaval||2019||March, 9th||242||48||Bomboliche/Up! Trampolim Park - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
|10||Furboliche 10 - Halloween Furry||2019||October, 26th||243||TBA||Bomboliche/Up! Trampolim Park - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
- Furboliche 1 - The first Furboliche was held at Central Plaza Shopping in São Paulo, Brazil, on Saturday, March 9th, 2014, a few days after the Brazilian convention Abando 2014. The event was designed as an opportunity for convention attendees to see again their friends before the end of Brazilian Carnaval holiday week. Many of them remain in São Paulo before getting back to their hometowns. There were 65 attendees, 15 wearing fursuits.
- The event program was simple. Only customized event badges were distributed by staff and a small raffle was held..
- Furboliche 2 - The second Furboliche, held at the same location in September 6th, 2014, was attended by 91 furries (24 fursuiters) coming from four states and the country's capital , Brasilia.
- For the first time, the event awarded trophies to the best bowlers (in the categories: fursuiters and non-fursuiters).
- The program also included distribution of custom badges of the event, a raffle including gifts donated by furries, an official photo session and the producing of two videos (one with a summary of the event and a music video where participants dance Pharrell Williams "Happy" ..
- Furboliche 3 - The third edition of Furboliche was again held in Central Plaza's bowling place in February 21st, 2015, in the saturday after Brazilian convention Abando 2015. The event was attended by 149 furries (36 fursuiters) from 6 states and the country's capital, Brasília.
- The schedule was very similar to Furboliche 2, just a drawing exposition with "Bowling + Furry" theme was added to the program. Two videos were produced during the event: a summary and a parody clip of the song "Shake It Off" of Taylor Swift
- At the end of the event, staff members announced that Furboliche 4 will be held in October 31st, 2015 and will be themed: "Halloween Furry".
- Furboliche Vacation Edition - Santos 2015 (Portuguese: Furboliche Férias - Santos 2015) - Due the long time span between Furboliche 3 and Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry events, the staff decided to organize a smaller version of the event in the city of Santos, in the shores of São Paulo state, in July 4th, 2015. The schedule included distribution of event badges, a raffle and the bowling tournament. Like the previous events, two videos were recorded during the event: a summary and a musical clip of the song "We Should Hang Out" of Con Bro Chill. After this event, the staff announced that Furboliche IV will be placed in a new location since Pysta 10 Bowling Place in São Paulo will finish its activities in August 2nd, 2015. According to the staff, 85 people attended the event, among them 22 fursuiters.
- Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry - In year 2015, Halloween was celebrated in a Saturday, so Furboliche staff decided to move the event to fit the date. For Furboliche 4, Bomboliche Extra Anchieta in São Bernardo do Campo (São Paulo metro area) was picked for the event. The new place, located inside a huge supermarket and mall could host a fursuit parade (the first ever held in Brazil) with 50 fursuits and also a eletronic music party with DJ. A fursuit raffle was also added to the schedule. It was attended by 248 furries (world record for furry bowling events for 3 months until When Furballs Strike got 271 attendees in the 22th edition of the event). Among the attendees, 61 of them were fursuiters. Furboliche produced three videos during the event: A Fursuit Parade special, The Official Review of the Event and a Musical Clip with the song 'Everybody' from Backstreet Boys.
- Furboliche 5 - Heroes & Villains - The fifth edition of the event took place on Saturday, February 13th, 2016, a few days after the furry camp Abando, being held again in Bomboliche Extra Anchieta. The program included party with electronic music, fursuit parade (46 fursuits and 4 cosplayers), giveaways raffle, fursuit raffle, plus an alley for artists. Before the fursuit raffle, the staff of Furboliche announced that they will organize the first hotel-based furry convention in Brazil, Brasil FurFest, in September. Thus, the sixth edition of Furboliche was moved to December 2016. During the event three videos were produced: A summary of Fursuit Parade, the Official Video and a Musical Clip with the song Die Another Day from Madonna. The event was attended by 261 furries from 7 states (SP, RJ, MG, GO, PR, SC, BA) and the Federal District, including 62 fursuiters.
- Furboliche 6 - Back to the '90s - The sixth edition of the event took place on Saturday, December 3, 2016, and was again held in Bomboliche Extra Anchieta. There were 33 fursuiters and one person in kigurumi during the fursuit parade. Due the hot temperatures at the day, 11 fursuiters gave up to join the parade.
- Furboliche 7 - Pirates of the 7 Seas - The Pirate themed Furboliche was held on April 29th, 2017, at Bomboliche Extra Anchieta and gathered 246 furries from 6 states (SP, RJ, MG, PR, SC, RS) and the Federal District. There were 50 fursuits parading in the Fursuit Parade and 57 in the event overall. Furboliche 7 was marked by reduced space due to an overhaul on the Bowling Alley, because of that dance party was subtracted from the usual schedule.
- Furboliche 8-Bit - First edition of Furboliche at renewed Bomboliche/Up! Trampoline Park gathered 203 furries in January 20th, 2018. The event featured a soundtrack with famous songs played in 8-bit style and the raffle once more included a fursuit head. The new trampoline park was used by furries along with the bowling alley during the event.
- Furboliche 9 - Furry Carnaval - The 9th edition of Furboliche was set to be back to the original date of the event: first saturday after carnaval celebrations in Brazil and after Furcamp furry camp convention held during the Carnaval holiday week. Furboliche 9 gathered 242 furries and celebrated the 5th anniversary of the event, in the very same date it started: March 9th.
|11||Furboliche 11 - Viva Mexico||2020||February 29th||Bomboliche/Up! Trampolim Park - São Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil|
The first three editions of the event took place in Pysta 10 Bowling Place at Central Plaza Shopping, which was chosen to be very close to the metro/subway and train station Tamanduateí. The site has 12 bowling alleys plus pool tables, arcade and snack bar.
Furboliche Vacation Edition - Santos 2015 was placed in Rei do Strike Bowling Place in Santos. The place have similar infra-structure compared to Pysta 10.
In August 2015, Pysta 10 Bowling Place announced it would close permanently, forcing the organizers to seek a new location. After some weeks, it was confirmed that Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry will be held at Bomboliche Extra Anchieta, in São Bernardo do Campo, in the metro area of São Paulo.
The Furboliche staff is composed of furries engaged in organizing the event voluntarily..
Board of directors:
- Danny (Daniel) - Founder and chairman
- Patsy (Patricia Louise) - Founder and Vice-Chairman
- Ruby (Aryane) - Vice-Chairman
- Toberal (Alberto) - Board Member
- Cenobear (Daniel) - Board Member
Furboliche Vacation Edition - Santos 2015
Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry
Furboliche 5 - Heroes and Villains
Furboliche 6 - Back to the 90s
Furboliche 7 - Piratas dos 7 Mares
- Furboliche was featured in a TV report from Telesur TV (Venezuela) about fursuits and fursuiters.
- Parts of Furboliche 3 and Furboliche Vacation Edition videos were recorded days after the event.
- The joke "Jump over Claisto" featured in all Furboliche videos as a recurring joke is somewhat a tradition among Brazilian furries in all events Claisto appears with his fursuit.
- The first name for the event was "São Paulo Furbowling", Coby Wong came with the actual and smaller name: "Furboliche".
- Furboliche 5 - Heroes & Villains, with 261 atendees (including 62 fursuiters), is considered the biggest furry event ever held in Latin America and, at the time, the biggest furry bowling event in the world, surpassed by When Furballs Strike few months later.
- Furboliche IV - Halloween Furry featured the first fursuit parade ever held in Brazil with 50 fursuiters.
- Furboliche was featured in a global campaign for the sneaker brand Converse in 2019. The ads were published in more than 40 countries.
- Furboliche is now annual on the Furboliche webpage. Retrieved April 4th, 2017. (In Portuguese)
- About Furboliche on the Furboliche Facebook page. Retrieved September 17, 2014. (In Portuguese)
- List of Conventions by Attendance on Wikifur. Retrieved November 1, 2015. (Wikifur In English)
- About Furboliche 4 on the Furboliche website. Retrieved November 17, 2015. (In Portuguese)
- Furboliche 1 on the Furboliche webpage. Retrieved February 6, 2015. (In Portuguese)
- Furboliche 2 on the Furboliche webpage. Retrieved February 6, 2015. (In Portuguese)
- Furboliche 6 on Furboliche Website. Retrieved April 4th, 2017. (In Portuguese)
- Staff on the Furboliche webpage. Retrieved February 6, 2015. (In Portuguese)
- Interview with Kijani Lion on DogPatch Website. Retrieved April 4th, 2017. (Dogpatch)
- Furlife NW on Meetup. Retrieved April 4th, 2017. (Furlife NW Page on Meetup)
- Official website
- Furboliche on Fur Affinity
- Furboliche on Facebook
- Furboliche on Twitter
- Furboliche on Instagram
- Furboliche on Youtube