Fur the 'More
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Fur the 'More|
|First iteration||5 - 7 April, 2013|
|Organizer(s)||Maryland Furs & Northeast Anthropomorphic Association|
|Charity||FRISKY'S Wildlife and Primate Sanctuary|
|Fur the 'More 2013|
|Fur the 'More 2014|
|Fur the 'More 2015|
|Fur the 'More 2016|
|Fur the 'More 2017|
|Fur the 'More 2018|
|Fur the 'More staff|
|Fur the 'More guests of honor|
Fur the 'More is an annual furry convention. Its first event was held April 5-7, 2013 in the Hunt Valley Inn in Hunt Valley, a suburb of Baltimore, Maryland, USA, approximately 17 miles north of downtown. It includes charitable benefits, educational seminars, art shows, panels, and general social activities.
Fur the 'More began as an idea between a few friends in the Maryland furry community to start a local convention in Baltimore. The idea was originally started while attending the Furstivus convention in Philadelphia and the question was posed, "Why doesn’t Baltimore have a convention?"
In March 2012, NorthEast Anthropomorphic Association offered to partner with Fur the 'More to back them as the umbrella 501(c)7 non-profit organization. As a result of negotiations, Fur the 'More became a NorthEast Anthropomorphic Association convention, and the primary founder and con-chair was offered a seat on the Board of Directors as a trustee.
- Dates: April 6 - 7
- Theme: Time Travelers Party
- Dates: March 14 - 16
- Theme: Pirates vs Ninjas
- Dates: April 8 - 10
- Theme: Cubicle Jungle
- Dates: April 20 - 22
- Theme: Fantasy in the Sakura Forest
- Dates: April 26 - 28
- Theme: TBA
- 2013: Time Traveler's Party (inaugural convention theme)
- 2014: Pirates vs. Ninjas (announced at the end of Fur the 'More 2013)
- 2015: Cryptozoology
- 2016: Cubicle Jungle
- 2017: 8-Bit Adventure
- 2018: Fantasy in the Sakura Forest
- Hallway Costume Contest - Staff of the convention review and judge anyone found to be dressed for the theme at the convention (fursuits not required)
- Furry Feud - A game show event styled from Family Feud using survey questions answered by members of the furry fandom.
- Fur the 'More's Fur Factor - The convention's Masquerade. A talent competition styled event similar to America's Got Talent
- 24-hour video and tabletop gaming rooms
- Furry Marketplace (Dealers Den) - for dealers and artists
- Artists' Alley
- Hospitality Suite - for those attendees registering at the Party Animal level or above
- A selection of other panels and events drawn from a wide variety of interests within the fandom.
|Convention year||Attendance||Percentage change||Fursuiters in fursuit parade||Percentage change|
|2016||990||16%||220 (300 fursuit tags handed out during event)||4%|
|2017||1050||6.06%||Unknown at this time||N/A%|
|Convention year||Amount Raised|
- About Us - Fur the 'More
- "From the Con-Chair: Why we moved" - posting on the Fur the 'More website. Dated May 18, 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Guest of Honor
- Artist Guest of Honor
- Music Guest LOOK LEFT! - Fur the 'More
- "Fur The 'More 2014 FINAL NUMBERS!! and 2015 Info:" - posting on the Fur the 'More account on Fur Affinity. Dated March 18, 2014. Retrieved May 20, 2014.
- "Announcing Fur The More 2015!" - posting on the Fur the 'More account on Fur Affinity. Dated May 17, 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Frisky’s Donation" - posting on the Fur the 'More website. Dated May 11, 2014. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- "Fur the 'More Twitter Page" - posting on the Fur the 'More Twitter page. Dated April 10, 2016. Retrieved April 11, 2016.