Fur the 'More
|Fur the 'More|
|First iteration||5 - 7 April, 2013|
|Organizers||Maryland Furs & Northeast Anthropomorphic Association|
|Charity||FRISKY'S Wildlife and Primate Sanctuary|
Fur the 'More is an annual furry convention in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Its first event was held April 5-7, 2013 in the Hunt Valley Inn in Hunt Valley, a suburb of Baltimore approximately 17 miles north of downtown. It includes charitable benefits, educational seminars, art shows, panels, and general social activities.
Fur the 'More began as an idea between a few friends in the Maryland furry community to start a local convention in Baltimore. The idea was originally started while attending the Furstivus convention in Philadelphia and the question was posed "Why doesn’t Baltimore have a convention?"
In March 2012, NorthEast Anthropomorphic Association offered to partner with Fur the 'More to back them as the umbrella 501(c)7 non-profit organization. As a result of negotiations, Fur the 'More became a NorthEast Anthropomorphic Association convention, and the primary founder and con-chair was offered a seat on the Board of Directors as a trustee.
Guests of Honor
- Year 1 (2013)
Like many furry conventions, Fur the 'More features a different theme every year. Themes for each year have been:
- 2013: Time Traveler's Party
- 2014: Pirates Vs. Ninjas
Year One Notes
The attendance for Fur the 'More 2013 amounted to 473 attendees (and at least 94 fursuiters) a number that "surprised, thrilled, and honored" the Fur the 'More staff.. $2181.35 was raised for Frisky's Wildlife & Primate Sanctuary between the Charity Auction, events, and donations. Pre-registration broke 200, including the staff which purchased their own badges for the first year in order to help Fur the 'More in its first year.
In reference to the Attendee Guest of Honor raffle, a perk of purchasing a Big Cheese or Raven God attendance level, it was revamped from a drawing at opening ceremonies to one at closing ceremonies so the winner of the raffle can enjoy all the perks and privileges of a Guest of Honor for the next year instead of being only an honorary title. This includes free attendance, Guest of Honor dinner, name in the convention book, and more. Out of the three Raven Gods and three Big Cheeses, the Big Cheese Kirby won the spot of 2014's Attendee Guest of Honor. The one for 2015 will be selected at the closing ceremonies of Fur the 'More's second year.
Notable events occurring at the invention include:
- Hallway Costume Contest - Staff of the convention review and judge anyone found to be dressed for the theme at the convention. A fursuit is not required to be in the costume contest.
- Furry Feud - A game show event styled from Family Feud using surveys and questions filled out by members of the furry fandom.
- Fur the 'More's Fur Factor - The convention's Masquerade was a talent competition styled event similar to America's Got Talent. For the first year, this event will occur primarily at Fur the More. In future years, the convention is hoping to hold "audition" events at other conventions with the final competition at Fur the 'More each year.
- 24-hour Game room
- Furry Marketplace - For dealers and artists
- Usual con fare such as panels, fursuit parade, fursuit games, etc.
- Hospitality suite - Also known as the convention's 'Zoo'. This area will be accessible to all attendees with an area open to those registered as Party Animals or higher that will be serving food.
Fur the 'More 2014 has been announced for April 18-20, 2014.
- ↑ About Us - Fur the 'More
- ↑ Guest of Honor
- ↑ Artist Guest of Honor
- ↑ Music Guest LOOK LEFT! - Fur the 'More
- ↑ Fur the 'More Official Twitter 6:56 PM - 7 Apr 13
- ↑ Fur the 'More 1 (2013) Fursuit Parade Pic - Fur the 'More, Fur Affinity (9 April 2013)
- ↑ Fur the 'More Official Twitter 9:07 PM - 7 Apr 13
- ↑ Fur the 'More Official Twitter 9:09 PM - 7 Apr 13
- ↑ Fur the 'More Official Twitter 7:08 PM - 7 Apr 13
- ↑ Events
- ↑ Fur the 'More website. Retrieved April 25, 2013