|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|FurFright guests of honor|
The convention offered three days of attractions and programming for anthropomorphic/furry fans, and worked to benefit animal and environmental charities, primarily the United States War Dog Association.
FurFright was started in 2003 by Belic Bear and K'gra Leopard as a one day mini-convention, which took place at a cabin in Middletown, Connecticut. Originally 30-50 attendees were anticipated, but more than 160 people registered, and the event turned into an annual convention. FurFright, now in its 10th year, hosts 1500 attendees from all over the world.
FurFright has been held at the Falcon's Grove at Crystal Lake in Middletown, CT (2003); The Sheraton Bradley Hotel in Windsor Locks, CT (2004-06); The Holiday Inn Waterbury in Waterbury, CT (2007-09). In 2010, FurFright moved to The Crowne Plaza in Cromwell, Connecticut.
In 2007 FurFright hosted a total of 717 attendees. In 2008 FurFright had 873 attendees, making it the 5th most attended anthropomorphic/furry convention in the world. It retained this position in 2009, with 979 attendees. Due to the constant growth of the convention, and a desire to preserve the intimate, social feel their attendees desire, FurFright instituted a 1500 person attendance cap in 2011; however, there were 50 one-day passes available for each of the convention's three days, making the maximum possible cap 1650.
On December 1, 2013, the convention chairs announced that they were cancelling FurFright due to "a devastating turn of events in their personal/family life". Other staff announced that they would attempt to restart the convention under a new name, and Furpocalypse was announced in March 2014.
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Dealers' Room
- Charity Auction
- Movie Morgue
- Torture Chamber Arcade (Video Gaming)
- Game Room Of Death (Table Top Gaming)
- Draw or Die! (Artists' Challenge)
- Fursuit Massacre (Fursuit Games)
- FrankenFursuit Competition
- Costume Contest
- Dance Competition
- Panels, Classes, and Discussion Groups
- Guest Of Honor
- Attendee GOH
- FrankenSponsor/Dealer Social
- Friday Furpocalypse (physical challenges and gameshows)
- Fursuit/Costume Photo Shoot
- Fursuit Parade (2)
- Fursuit Dance
- 80's Dance
- Furry Rave
- Dead Fur Party
Guests of Honor
- 2006 - artists Taurin Fox and Cybercat
- 2007 - artist Sara "Caribou" Palmer
- 2008 - actor/comedian/performer Beetlejuice and artist Likeshine
- 2009 - Tod Wills and Tilt Longtail
- 2010 - RedCoatCat, Louve, and Flare Starfire
- 2011 - JD Puppy and Keto
- 2012 - D. Walker and Skulldog
- 2013 - Tygurstar and Wallaby
Each year FurFright worked to benefit a local and national charity through its charity auction.
- 2003: $400 between Animal Haven and Vital Ground
- 2004: $500 between CATALES and Vital Ground 
- 2005: $1059 between Horizon Wings and the ASPCA of Louisiana 
- 2006: $1631.64 between EARS (Endangered Animal Rescue Sanctuary) and the Retired Greyhounds as Pets of Connecticut, Inc (REGAP). 
- 2007: $3000 Moonridge Animal Park
- 2008: $4000 New Leash On Life & Pays De L'ours. A community effort not sponsored or organized by the convention raised an additional $547.26 for Da-fox whose fursuit head was stolen by a hotel guest during the convention.
- 2009: $7770.00 United States War Dog Association
- 2010: $12456.60 United States War Dog Association 
- 2011: $12850.23 United States War Dog Association 
- 2012: $15445.15 United States War Dog Association
FurFright, Inc. was a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Durham, Connecticut. First filing in 2004, its directors as of 2009 were Belic Bear, K'gra Leopard, Sedge Hare, Zero Fox, and Silverpaw.
The FurFright "dripping blood" logo became a federally registered trademark on 13 September 2005. However, the trademark was cancelled on 5 October 2012.
- Furpocalypse - successor to FurFright
- "quick #Furfright note: there were 50 one-day passes available for each day - fri, sat, and sun, for a total of 150 one-day and 1650 total" - wagtehdog, Twitter (23 March 2014)
- Email, 1 December 2013, as well as LiveJournal entry: "Since that time the Con Chairs have experienced a devastating turn of events in their personal/family life, making it impossible for the convention to continue. All our time, energy, and resources need to be spent healing and coping with the challenges we face. So due to circumstances beyond our control, FurFright has come to an end. 2013 was our final year."
- News of FurFright closure emerges through leaked email (1 December 2013)
- The Con Bear Report on
- Bear’s FurFright ’08 Con Report
- Final War Dogs Charity Total on
- THANK YOU!!! on
- FurFright's 2011 Charity Total on
- FurFright, Inc. - Form 990 (2008)
- FurFright trademark registration - USPTO