Forum:I was uhh.. indexed.. without permission
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
I am the fur described at RubberFox.
I did not give permission for anyone to put an article about me here, let alone one with my personal information and copyrighted artwork present in it! Would someone kindly remove this page for me?
- You have a couple of different options here - please see WikiFur:Personal information for details and more information about Wikifur's on personal information and articles about individuals. In a nutshell, we generally accomodate requests to have articles about individuals removed unless there's a compelling reason why the information should be public. You will probably be asked to register and/or submit your request from a verifiable e-mail address so we can make sure the request is in fact from the individual in question and not from someone else engaging in harassment or spiteful activity. --mwalimu 21:37, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- So the the apparent solution would be to restore the article, keeping just public information and removing the artwork that the artist has issues with?--Kendricks Redtail 00:45, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- As I wrote the original article which is causing problems, perhaps I should add something here. Like the subjects of most of the "vanity" articles I've written, I don't know Rubberfox, he was just a fur chosen at random. (I think I may have originally seen the name on the Ozfurs article, though that's probably a completely different Rubberfox). Everything I put in the article was found by Googling for "Rubberfox" or "Rubberfox Rubberkit". As Duncan points out, of the "personal" information, his real name plainly appears on his deviantART profile, and his DOB is on his LiveJournal. I vote for reinstating the article with those two pieces of information removed (and the illustration, though I thought its reproduction as a fursona image would have fallen under Fair Use), unless Rubberfox has asked GreenReaper for complete Exclusion. --Higgs Raccoon 20:26, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- I've already e-mailed him privately asking if he wants exclusion. So far I'm still waiting for a reply. --mwalimu 00:40, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
- I should note that I do not recommend the addition of artwork depicting a person's character to WikiFur just because you are writing an article about them. You should add art that you have permission to add. Adding character art is pushing the boundaries of fair use a little too far, as an alternative could reasonably be created (you could draw their character). --GreenReaper(talk) 01:51, 25 March 2007 (UTC)