Further Confusion 2009
- Theme: Surf Safari 
- Guests of Honor: animator Jeff Pidgeon, puppeteer Anita Coulter, and writer Clare Bell
- Attendance: 2,587
- Fursuiters in the Parade: 530
- Artshow sales: $43,541
The charities chosen for Further Confusion 2009 are :
Guests of Honor
The guests of honor for Further Confusion 2009: Surf Safari are:
Jeff Pidgeon has worked as a storyboard artist, animator and character designer in television and feature films for over twenty years. His past work includes Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, Tiny Toon Adventures, Taz-Mania and The Simpsons. He is also an avid toy collector with a passion for the current trend of designer figures. This led to the debut of his first self-produced vinyl toy, Happy Beaver last year in San Diego. His next figure, Kumo-Kun, will arrive in the summer of 2009.
His wife Anita Coulter has been an accomplished puppeteer for fifteen years. They live with their two cats, Piccolo and Figaro, in northern California.
Clare Bell is the author of the "Ratha" series about intelligent Miocene felines. Her latest book in that series was released this past April. Her original novel was turned into an animated episode on CBS Storybreak.
Ms. Bell has degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering, biology and chemistry, and has continued working in technical areas in addition to writing fiction. She became involved in building and designing electric vehicles and spent a year in Norway working on a production EV. She also participated in electric vehicle racing in the Arizona Public Service Company-sponsored Solar and Electrics competitions, held from 1991 to 1998.
- Furp's (aka Patrick Reed) last furry convention he attended and helped at. He died just less then a month after FC 09 concluded.
- Several attendees reported their cards had been cloned while at the hotel. These reports were caused by credit card transmission problems during and after the convention.
Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc. started the year with $162442 in assets, including $103937 in cash (and temporary cash investments). They ended the year with $180988 in assets, including $117552 in cash. Liabilities were zero, making their gain/loss for the year $18546 ($13615 in cash), and their net balance $180988.
Note: These financials provide just a brief overview, and should be considered in context. Each convention has its own situation, which may change from year to year. Special events (like art shows) that are part of a charity's mission are usually run at a loss. Conventions typically have many other expenses which may come to far more than those listed. Check the source for further details.
- AAE Announces Chair / Vice Chair for FC2009 - David Cooksey, Further Confusion forums (4 January 2008)
- Announcement time! Theme! Hotel Reservations! Dealer's Room! - Frysco, Further Confusion forums (5 March 2008)
- Further Confusion Newsletter, May 2008 - Further Confusion forums (24 May 2008)
- FC: Confirmed fraud issue - Hunter Gryphon, (20 February 2009)
- FC: Credit cards at Doubletree San Jose - ChipUni, (Dated February 23, 2009. Retrieved January 30, 2010)
- Photos, videos, reports: Further Confusion 2009 resources