|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
He is a the owner and moderator of the furry subreddit /r/yiff, plus a mod on the related subreddits Yiff Comics and Hard Blush Site Rips. He was a moderator on Lulz.net. Evil Sibe likes to attend furry conventions, although he has been banned from a number of them.
- Anthrocon - ?, permanent ban
- All Fur Fun - ?, permanent ban
- Conifur Northwest - 1998, 2004(*)
- FranFurence - Permanent ban
- Furlandia - 2013(**)
- Further Confusion - ?, permanent ban
- RainFurrest - 2013, 2014
Trolling, warez and bans
Evil Sibe gained widespread infamy in the furry fandom due to his uncivil demeanor towards other fandom members, and his illegal distribution of the copyrighted works of furry artists through the early 2000s.
Although banned from several furry conventions, this has not prevented him from trying to continue to attend them, and allegedly, "Cause more problems".
- September 8, 1998 - Evil Sibe makes his first post onto the alt.lifestyle.furry newsgroup. The posting was about the first Conifur that occurred at the Seattle Clarion Hotel in SeaTac, Washington, USA. Claims were made in regards to Sibe's perceived discrimination against him for not wearing enough furry related things at Conifur.
- January 19, 1999 - Evil Sibe makes his first post in alt.fan.furry, again critical of the furry fandom for his treatment,[clarify] and launching attacks on furry lifestylers.
- October 3, 2001 - Killen alleges that Evil Sibe's disagreements with him resulted in the flooding of #northUKfurs on Yiffnet by Evil Sibe's associates. Evil Sibe has stated that although he has attacked other IRC channels in the past, he did not attack this one. Some instances of IRC downtime have been misattributed to Evil Sibe in the past, for example an attack on #dragonyiff on FurNet that was led by Something Awful goons.
- June 16, 2005 - Evil Sibe was featured on ljdrama.org for "sibeing" ("screwing up/f*cking with") Munchie the kitsune after he traveled cross country to find what he thought was an older woman turned out to be a 14 year old boy. Evil Sibe made a crank call with all of the parties involved.
- (date unknown) - Evil Sibe is permanently banned from Further Confusion.
- 200? - Evil Sibe (as Sibe), was toaded from Tapestries MUCK on numerous occasions, initially due to harassment towards other players, and his advertisement of his pirated furry CDs, later compounded by organizing a DDoS on the MUCK server itself. According to WhiteWizard:
|Nobody comes close to Sibe [on toading]. Sibe is how we find out about all the new free-mail sites.|
- September 13, 2004 - Evil Sibe (as EvilSibe), is permanently banned from the Something Awful's forums. This was prompted due sarcastic comments made towards Something Awful's owner and System administrator Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka during the Brian Sek and The Kadaitcha Dancers's "I'm being stalked by furries" thread.[clarify]
- May 10, 2005 - Evil Sibe is permanently banned from FranFurence by Ozone Griffox as a "principle ban" in "solidarity" to all the furry artists that got their furry art "pirated by Sibe" — despite Evil Sibe having no intention to attend the convention.
- July 18, 2005 - Evil Sibe (as evilsibe), is suspended from LiveJournal for posting an image from the peer-to-peer file sharing website The Pirate Bay, which linked to the "'fxc' encyclopedia 2004" file, a torrent containing 9.55 Gigabytes of copyrighted furry art, including the works of Ken Sample, Karabiner, Grimal, FoxxFire, and many more. When he tried created a new Livejournal to circumvent the suspension, he was permanently banned. He later moved to GreatestJournal.com, where his tag-line was sibeing the fandom one wag at a time.
- January 13, 2006 - Evil Sibe is served with a restraining order through Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, the parent non-profit corporation of Further Confusion, which effectively made all grounds of the San Jose Doubletree, the hotel hosting FC 2006, off limits to Evil Sibe, under penalty of immediate arrest, along with already being permanently banned from the event. The timing of the restraining order (starting on the 20th), was such that he was not able to contest it until February 2, 2006, well after the convention was over. The result was that he did not attend the convention, despite suggestions from others[who?] that he was present, and in contrast to previous years (in which Evil Sibe had been banned, but still attended).
- May 28, 2007 - Evil Sibe is permanently banned from the Fur Affinity Forums.
- August 17, 2007 - Evil Sibe reports that he is banned from FurJAM 2007 — assuming due to his promotion of a pirated copy of Softpaw #2 — despite having no intention to go to Australia for the event. This ban turned out to be forgery, the sent e-mail being a doctored version of one the organizers of FurJAM sent to Australian furry fan Timon b. Who forwarded the mail to Evil Sibe, and at what point Evil Sibe's name appeared on it, are unclear, but Evil Sibe's publicizing of it had the effect of flooding the FurJAM forums and polls. The number of votes in the polls[clarify] went from fifteen to over 100 in a period of 2 days, and as such sections of the site were closed.
- June 26, 2008 - Evil Sibe is permanently banned from Anthrocon.
- May 9, 2009 - Evil Sibe is banned from All Fur Fun, a furry convention in Spokane, Washington, USA. The reason given appears to be due to him mistakingly defaming Lupercus, head of security of All Fur Fun, for someone else he has had issues with in the past. These events occurred after Tora Kiyoshi, one of the convention co-chairs, convinced other members of the AFF staff to let him attend.
- November 9, 2001 - Nexxus temporarily closed the image gallery FurNation, allegedly as the result of Evil Sibe's Furnation's copyrighted art. The distribution was coordinated on the iRC channel #yiffnetbeats on Yiffnet, where Evil Sibe and others offered linked files for download (the channel was initially designed to be a furry theme MP3 sharing channel). Nexxus' post about the infraction caused a spike in traffic on the channel, with over 50 users in one night, and 5 Gigabytes distributed in 8 hours by one seeding user alone.
- November 9, 2003 - Evil Sibe hosts [fxc]'s (Furries Exchanging Comics), his furry warez group, on izon.net's #furryxdcc, were they released their first pirated material, including Furnation Magazine 1-4 , Fred Perry's folios and Max The Black Rabbit's Canine Portfolio. The group proclaimed that they "were the premier group for scanning in commercial furry content". At one point he initiated a furry warez BitTorrent tracker up on www.f-x-c.net, which saw 3,000 individuals sign up world wide to download torrents of scanned furry comics, retail art CD's and portfolios from the top furry artists in the fandom.
- August 30, 2004 - Rabco Publishing (Rabbit Valley) files a claim against Evil Sibe in Waltham, Massachusetts's small claims court for $2,000 in damages for replication and distribution of copyrighted material. These damages were awarded on 14 December 2004, and Evil Sibe is ordered to pay a total of $2,109.70 including legal fees and interest.
- January 24, 2005 - A warrant is issued for Evil Sibe's arrest by the trial court of Waltham, Massachusetts, for failure to appear to the payment hearing from his default judgment against him by Rabbit Valley Publishing.
Sex crime arrests
On July 15, 2011, Sibe was arrested in Clackamas County, Oregon on two counts of sexual misconduct, two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor, two counts of recklessly endangering another person, two counts of sexual abuse in the third degree, and two counts of contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor.
- September 9/10, 2005 - Evil Sibe announces the possibility of his imminent arrest:
|As of right now the Bellevue Police department is outside of my house serving a search warrant on my home, I cannot go anywhere and at any moment I could be arrested|
In the post, he suggested that Rabco Publishing was behind this development, takes some jabs at Nexxus, and ends it by professing his love for his family and thanking his friends for being there for him. The reactions of his friends are mixed, with a few[who?] believing the post is a prank, to those[who?] who believed it to be factual, wondering what they can do to help.
It's these last reactions that forces Evil Sibe to admit that the whole thing was "a gag and Im allright.[sic]" Again, reaction to this admission is mixed: from the "I knew it, Lol!," to the "How dare you deceive your friends that care for you!." For the last ones, Evil Sibe had a simple response:
|Fuck em if they cant take a joke then|
- July 7, 2008 - Evil Sibe announced that he would file charges against WikiFur and GreenReaper for violating breach of privacy laws and refusing to remove "fraudulent defamatory and damaging remarks" about him.
- Evil Sibe's profile on Reddit. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- FUR. My conifur 2004 experience. post by Ross Reddick. Posted September 29, 2004. Retrieved ?.
- Ross Herbert Reddick's search results on alt.fan.furry. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- Ross Herbert Reddick's criminal record from the State of Oregon's Circuit Court website. Retrieved ?.
- The latest on Sibe post on alt.fan.furry. Posted March 20, 2002. Retrieved ?.
- Does anyone know a "Sibe"? post by Blackberry on alt.fan.furry. Posted October 4, 2001. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- Furry Discrimination post by Perro on alt.lifestyle.furry. Posted September 6, 1998. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- LIGHTEN THE F**K UP! post by Evil Sibe on alt.fan.furry. Posted January 19, 1999. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- #northUKfurs' log of Evil Sibe's channel flood on #northUKfurs. Retrieved ?.
- Accidental Pedofuria post on ljdrama.org. Retrieved ?.
- Evil Sibe interviews Munchie (MP3) hosted on Squnq's homepage Squnq.com. Retrieved ?.
- Tapestries MUCK Toading record holder. post on the Tapestries MUCK's forums. Retrieved ?.
- An Important message to all furry con chairs and committees. response by Ozone Griffox on alt.fan.furry.Posted May 10, 2005. Retrieved August25, 2013.
- Furry Conventions (Was: any 'Sibe' thread.) response by Ozone Griffox on alt.fan.furry. Posted August 8, 2005. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Furnation down, pending copyright violation investigation news post by STrRedWolf on Flayrah. Posted 8 November 2001. Retrieved ?.
- Archived charges list from PDXMugshots.com. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- Screenshot of tweet. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- (Statement entered by article's user in-situ.) No follow-up action taken.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Evilsibe on SoFurry
- Evil Sibe on Facebook
- Ross Reddick on Google+
- Evil Sibe on Reddit
- Evil Sibe on Ask.fm
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @EvilSibe, main)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @Evil_Sibe, secondary)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @sibe_ad, Twitter After Dark account)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @BadSibe, back-up)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @yiffsibe, back-up)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @sfwsibe, back-up)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @e_sibe, back-up)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @_esibe, back-up)
- Evil Sibe on Twitter (as @sibepaws, back-up)