|First iteration||September 8, 2011|
|Organizer(s)||Konu Eikuku Hentaru (chair), LeTigre (co-chair), Ray (fursuit support) and Leu (security)|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: EAST resources|
EAST, or EAST-CON, is a convention in Eastern Germany. With the permanent closure of Tropicon (due to changing land use rules for the nature preserve where that event occurred), a consensus was arrived at to collect several other events in East Germany together into a singular convention.
The name of the convention is an acronym for "Episches Abfeiern Streunender Tiere" which translates into English language as "Epic Partying of Straying Animals".
Programming and accommodations
The convention offers accomodation for at least to 460 guests in the Ringberg Hotel. More info HERE
Events at the first EAST include a dance, karaoke, Iron Artist, and game show panel.  Meanwhile more events were added, like a volleyball tournament, a paper chase, art auction, a fursuit walk and many more.
EAST 4 took place over July 24-27, 2014, at the Hostel Dessau-Rosslau (a change of venue after EAST 2013 was completely booked out). The theme was "Furs in Space".
EAST 7 will take place from July 12 - 16 2017 in the Ringberg Hotel in Suhl, which happens to be the same hotel that Eurofurence 13 was held at.
The theme will be "The lucky number 7" and is a reference to the theme of Eurofurence 13's theme "The unlucky 13".
- Announcement post to forums, Retrieved July 1, 2011
- Pictures of the first EAST on The Fursuit Archive
- Forum post about the first EAST instance
- EAST 2 convention website. Retrieved May 26, 2012
- EAST 3 convention website. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- EAST 4 website. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- EAST 5 website. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- EAST 5 hostel information. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- EAST 6 website. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- EAST 6 details on furcon.eu. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- Official convention website
- Forums with EAST convention subforms available for discussions
- Videos about EAST
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|