Don't Hug Cacti
|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the edit history and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Don't Hug Cacti is a fursuit building business co-founded by Lucky Coyote and Skuff Coyote which debuted on April 23, 2007.
On September 25th, 2020, furry artist Qutens tweeted a link to a published document ("Regarding Lucky Coyote AKA BlondeFoxy") of mostly anonymous testimonies from collaborators and ex-friends of Lucky Coyote, alleging Lucky Coyote of emotional abuse, animal abuse/neglect, and zoophilia.
On October 4th, Don't Hug Cacti issued an apology stating that:
|DHC does not condone any immoral or illegal activity.|
|She had left social media several weeks ago and has been receiving treatment for social media addiction and other personal issues.|
They further commented "Blondefoxy is not the owner of DHC" even though the state of Arizona would recognize her as an owner under local 'community property' law..
By November 11th, 2020 Skuff Coyote had deleted the apology because:
|[he] left it up for month! time to move on.|
Qutens tweeted a link on February 5th to their GoFundMe asking for $10,000 to pay for a lawyer to handle a Cease and Desist letter they had received on January 19th from Minc Firm representing DHC. Two hours later Don't Hug Cacti issued an update statement on the controversial situation on Twitter, stating that the company has been "under attack" by those impacted by earlier allegations and downplayed the allegations saying that they have been "embellished." The update ends with DHC announcing they "will be seeking legal recourse" and "exploring all of our legal avenues to address these attacks". The statement prompted a backlash against the company on Twitter, with the DHC post garnering over 1,400 quote retweets within 48 hours, and Qutens' GoFundMe being funded within 24 hours
- ↑ DontHugCacti turns 2 tommorrow! April 22, 2009 post by Lucky Coyote to her LiveJournal. Retrieved 2009 August 30.
- ↑ Qutens' document announcement on Twitter. (Archive on archive.org). Dated September 26, 2020. Retrieved September 28, 2020.
- ↑ Document of Testimonies Retrieved September 28, 2020
- ↑ DHC's apology on Twitter. (Archive on archive.org). Dated October 6, 2020. Retrieved January 8, 2021.
- ↑ Arizona Bar Foundation's FAQ. Retrieved January 8, 2021.
- ↑ DHC Cactus Crew private Telegram group chat screenshots recorded by luckyblondefoxybeware on Instagram (Archive on archive.org). Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- ↑ Screenshots of 'Part 3' records by luckyblondefoxybeware on Instagram (Archive on archive.org). Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- ↑ Qutens' GoFundMe Tweet (Archive on archive.org) Dated February 7, 2021). Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- ↑ DHC's legal announcement tweet (Archive on archive.org). Dated February 7, 2021. Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- ↑ Quten's GoFundMe campaign (Archive on archive.org). Dated February 7, 2021. Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- Don't Hug Cacti - Official website
- Don't Hug Cacti on Fur Affinity
- Don't Hug Cacti on Facebook
- Don't Hug Cacti on Twitter
- Don't Hug Cacti's suiters community on LiveJournal
- Don't Hug Cacti on MySpace
- Don't Hug Cacti on Tumblr
|This entry about an organization or company is a stub - can you improve it?|