Dogbomb (real name: Tony Barrett, born 1963) is a fursuiter and amateur marathon runner who resides in both Orange County, California and Crystal Beach, Arizona, U.S.A. His character is a German Shepherd. Tony is the head of the Orange County Gay Runners Meetup group.
He gained notoriety on Fur Affinity in August 2010 when he posted a photo of himself in his fursuit posing with a wheelchair-user named Sarah. He used the summary to write extensively about his short time with Sarah, who has cerebral palsy and is paraplegic but is also able to use her facial muscles to smile. The resulting outpouring of plaudits for both Sarah and Dogbomb by users of the site climaxed with a one-week dedication of a special FA banner created by Aurora Borealia in honor of Dogbomb.
Dogbomb is a veterinary technician with decades of experience and an avid runner.
Dogbomb was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in March 2018 and given a prognosis of one to three years. In the aftermath of his diagnosis, he was noted in the fandom for his unyielding positivity. Dogbomb is participating in an early-stage clinical trial to attempt to stop the disease, and with the help of the furry fandom has raised money in the name of ALS research.
- "Dogbomb: Not your ordinary canine" by Kijani Lion. Originally written for Furry News Network in 2011, reprinted by Dogpatch Press in 2018. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Dogbomb August 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM. Courage on Two Wheels. Fur Affinity.
- Fender 10/03/10 10:26 pm. October (or Something Like It). Fur Affinity. “
It's October (but you've known that for a few days now).
This week's banner (week, not month!) is in honor of dogbomb. It's very rare that we bring focus to any one user, but we feel that exceptions can (and should) be made for the exceptional. Dogbomb is one of definitely of of the exceptional.
So, Dogbomb, we give you... Bomb Dogs (corgi elites!), and salute all that you have done for the community. For your amazing gallery, stories and humanitarianism, we give you a few days in FA's spotlight. And to everybody like you, the suiters who take time out to visit the sick in hospitals, to entertain and to be good ambassadors, this banner goes out to you as well.
Banner art by auroraborealia”
- Aurora Borealia October 4, 2010 at 08:33 AM. Dog bomb -FULL BANNER-. Fur Affinity.
- "ALS Can Kiss My Fuzzy Butt" - Fur Affinity journal by Dogbomb. Dated March 8, 2018, retrieved March 22, 2019.
- "'Last Mutt Standing': Dogbomb inspires the world through his courageous battle against ALS" by Kijani Lion for Dogpatch Press. Published October 8, 2018, retrieved March 22, 2019.