Dingodile is a character in the Crash Bandicoot video game series.
Dingodile is a minion of Doctor Neo Cortex. Dingodile was created when Naughty Dog member Joe Labbe asked for a character that was a cross between a dingo and a crocodile. Dingodile is voiced by William Hootkins in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, by Dwight Schultz in Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Twinsanity, and by Nolan North from Crash of the Titans onwards. In the Japanese version of the series, he is voiced by Keisuke Ishida in the PlayStation games, and by Hajime Iijima in Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Twinsanity.
Dingodile made his debut in the video game Crash Bandicoot: Warped as the second boss of the game. Here, he is seen serving under Uka Uka and Doctor Cortex, attempting to take whatever Crystals Crash has gathered and bringing them to Cortex during the Ice Age under his orders. Crash encounters Dingodile as he is about to kill a penguin, who runs away upon Crash's arrival. When Dingodile is defeated, he warns Crash of the more powerful enemies he will face ahead as the penguin he tried to kill earlier hops up and down on his charred body. Dingodile is a playable character in Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash. The epilogue of Crash Team Racing states that Dingodile created an animal breeding program to create unique and interesting pets.
Dingodile appears as an attendee of Uka Uka's bad guy convention in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, not speaking a single line in the entire game. He later serves as an obstacle in certain levels, firing spurts of flamethrower ammo in an attempt to stop Crash. In Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure, Dingodile serves as the first boss. He fights Crash in a shark-infested underwater cavern, and fires torpedoes at the cavern ceiling in an attempt to impale Crash with the falling stalactites, but eventually manages to impale himself, leaving him open for attack. He is later merged with Doctor Cortex, N. Gin and Tiny Tiger, and becomes Mega-Mix. After chasing Crash down a space station hall, Mega-Mix is left inside the space station, which explodes with the villains in it. Dingodile is a playable character in Crash Nitro Kart. In the game's story, Dingodile is seen assisting Doctor N. Gin when the tower the villains are standing in is abducted. The next time he is seen, he is brainwashed by N. Trance and racing under N. Trance's team, which drives green vehicles. In Crash Twinsanity, Dingodile is seen as one of the attendees of Crash's "birthday party" (which is really a gathering of past villains in the Crash series). After watching the ensuing boss battle, he discusses lunch with Ripper Roo. Later, he is seen reading inside a small shack, but is interrupted when a large snowball (containing Crash and Cortex) crushes the shack with him in it. As Cortex laments his humiliation, Dingodile learns of the Evil Twins' treasure, and secretly follows Crash and Cortex to the boiler room of Madame Amberly's Academy of Evil, where he tries to kill Crash for the treasure, believing he already has it. However, with the help of the boiler room's emergengy sprinkler system, Crash is able to disable Dingodile's flamethrower and beat him into submission. Dingodile is last seen laying unconscious in the boiler room.
While Dingodile doesn't appear in the console version of Crash of the Titans, he appears as the first boss in the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance versions on the game. In the Nintendo DS version, Dingodile is assigned to stalling Crash Bandicoot while the other villains gather materials and build Neo Cortex's new CortexBot. Dingodile attempts to defeat Crash with a new water cannon, but ultimately fails. In the Game Boy Advance version, Dingodile is given the task of sending barrels of oil from Wumpa Island to Tiki Island. He is defeated by Crash, who attacks him with inhabited beehives.
- http://www.naughtydog.com/crash/crash/c3-character.htm Retrieved November 28, 2008.
- Naughty Dog. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. (Sony Computer Entertainment America). PlayStation. Level/area: Warp Room #2. Dingodile: G'day, mates! Dingodile's the name, and Uka Uka and Cortex gave me orders to bring the Crystals to them during the Ice Ages. So gimme the goods, and shove off! Or I'll roast yaz!
- Naughty Dog. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. (Sony Computer Entertainment America). PlayStation. Level/area: Dingodile. "Dingodile: You thrashed me, mate. No worries, but soon you'll be up against much worse..."
- Naughty Dog. Crash Team Racing. (Sony Computer Entertainment). PlayStation. Level/area: Epilogue. "Text: Dingodile went on to found an animal breeding program for the creation of unique and interesting pets. His motto "Combine them all" spurred such successes as the Gir-bat, Kanga-rooster, and the Dingo-Rilla.
- Traveller's Tales. Crash Twinsanity. (Sony Computer Entertainment America). PlayStation 2. Level/area: High-Seas Hijinks. Doctor Neo Cortex: I've never been so humiliated! No amount of treasure would ever be able to compensate. / Dingodile: (emerging from the ruins of his shack) Treasure, eh? Bonzai!
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Major characters of Crash Bandicoot. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|