A Digo is an auxiliary item that can be purchased for a player avatar on the MMORPG Furcadia in the Digo market. They are bought with real-world money or with the game currency equivalent in Dragonscales at the Digo Market.
Wings are one of the most popular items at Furcadia's Digo Market, and come in four types.
- Tri-Colored Wings - Also known as Triwings or simply Tris, the Tri-Colored Wings are an item that change your avatar's appearance, adding three colored, feathery wings to the back of a player. They can be bought to last for One Year, Two Years, Or For Life.
- Bat Wings - Also known as Bats, the Bat Wings are an item that change your avatar's appearance, adding three colored, bat or dragon-like wings to the back of a player. They can be bought to last One Year, Two Years, Three Years, For Life, or on a pay-by-month subscription. They are often seen used on demon characters, or by users who cannot afford a dragon.
- Butterfly Wings - Also called Butters, the Butterfly Wings are an item that change your avatar's appearance, adding wildly colored butterfly-like wings to the back of a player. They can be bought to last One Year, Two Years, For Life, or on a pay-by-month subscription. They are often used on Fay or Faerie players.
- Classic Wings - The rarest and considerably most popular set, these wings have been discontinued for Year or Two Year subscriptions. If you are fortunate enough to have a pair, you can purchase Year, Two Year, or Three year Renewal subscriptions when they are about to expire. The only way to get a new pair of these one-color, feathery wings is to buy a For Life pair.
When someone purchases a Dragon, they unlock the Dragon Avatar for their player. It is considerably larger than the free avatars and comes equipped with the Magic Breath option, allowing you to spray a rainbow of dust and hearts by hitting a button. The avatar can be toggled on and off at will by pressing a button in-game. They can be purchased for One Year, Two Years, or For Life. A For Life purchase earns your character's name a place on the Furcadia Thank you Page, Dragon For Life Certificate, and a free T-Shirt.
When somebody purchases a Phoenix, they unlock the Phoenix Avatar for their player. It, too, is larger than the free avatars, and is more colorful. Having the Phoenix Avatar allows one to use the Rebirth Flame option, letting a player burst into flame by hitting a button. The avatar can be toggled on and off by pressing a button in-game. They can be purchase for One Year, Two Years, or For Life. A For Life purchase earns your character's name a place on the Furcadia Thank you Page and a Phoenix For Life Certificate.
When somebody purchases a Gryffe (more commonly known to the fantasy world as a gryphon), they unlock the Gryffe Avatar for their player. It, too, is larger than the free avatars, and is more colorful. Having the Gryffe Avatar allows one to use the Eagle Avatar, letting the player fly rather than walk. Both avatars can be toggled on and off by pressing a button in-game. They can be purchase for One Year, Two Years, Three Years, or For Life. A For Life purchase earns your character's name a place on the Furcadia Thank you Page and a Gryffe For Life Certificate.
When somebody purchases a Ferian Wolven (also called just Ferian or Wolven), their player may become a walkabout wolf. It is furcadia's first feral avatar, and by far the more inexpensive. Wolvens may be purchased for one year or for Life. Unlike other life digos, Wolvens do not come with certificates.
A For Life purchase means that your Digo will never expire. It will last for as long as Furcadia is in operation. Like other Digos, it can be traded or gifted using special commands in-game. People with a For Life Digo get a special icon in their Descriptions (a paragraph, usually describing the character, that shows on the screen when an avatar is clicked) for the world to see you have one. Any other Digo lasts only a year, two years, or three years, depending on the purchase, unless it's a pay-by-month subscription.
Only Butters and Bats are currently available for this payment option. It is an experimental way of paying for Digos. The Digo is bought for a very low price, though it only lasts a month, and each month that same price is automatically subtracted from the payment source to refresh the subscription. Subscriptions can be canceled, and can be payed for in Dragonscales, like everything else.
By purchasing a Silver Sponsorship (SS for short), you unlock special quirks in the game. You can upload your Dream to SS spaces and in the SS Showcase Dream, a Portrait Space that lasts as long as your SS, and the ability to change your characters colors without re-logging. You are also sent some real-world items, including a member's card and a Pawtograph Book with artwork by Talzhemir. Sponsorships can be purchased to last for Three Months, One Year, or Two Years, and can be renewed each time with a $5 fee. Those with SS can also pay a $5 fee to clear used Portrait Spaces, Transfer Items, Transfer their SS to another character, and Transfer Port Spaces or Items without the usual waiting period. The waiting period, called the "Item Transfer Status," can also be reset for the $5 fee.
Roses are pixel items that appear in your character's description. They can be bought in by the dozens, in sets of three, or as a single rose, and are used as gifts on Furcadia for friends or mates. The rarer the color the more expensive the rose, and the fewer that are sold for one price. Roses come in the following colors:
- Yellow - Sold singularly or in a dozen
- Red - Sold singularly or in a dozen
- Purple - More expensive then the Yellow or Red, sold singularly or in a dozen.
- Black - More expensive then the purple rose, sold singularly or in a set of three.
- White - The same price as the Black Roses, sold singularly or in a set of three.
A portrait space allows you to upload custom artwork another player sees when they click on your player's avatar in Furcadia. They all last For Life and are probably the most popular Digo on Furcadia. When purchasing, you are only buying the space, not the artwork to go with it. You will need to have a custom port made for you by an artist, make your own, or find a public port available for download.
Dragonscales are the game currency, and can be bought using real-world money. Whatever price you pay for Dragonscales in American dollars decides how many scales you get. They come in three types and prices, as follows:
- Golden Dragonscale (GD) - Worth One American dollar
- Silver Dragonscale (SD) - Worth Ten American cents
- Copper Dragonscale (CD) - Worth One American cent
Dragonscales are often used for trading in Furcadia, and can be spent as real money in the Digo Market. You can not exchange Dragonscales for real money, so outside of the Digo Market and Furcadia users, they are useless.